Confirmed with Link: MAF to Hawks

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
Passing on Raty for Allan
Reminds me of when we passed on the skilled Robert Nilsson for Brent Seabrook. We got Big Buff later on the same draft but passed on some skilled little guys that never made the show. Allen reminds me of a more physical Hjalmarsson.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You don't trade an expendable career AHLer for a Vezina winner? And how do you know he won't be motivated to play for the Hawks? For all you know this shit with Vegas may motivate him to prove they made a bad move.

:rolleyes:

He wasn't initially, just like I called it. Maybe he is now but probably not. No reason for excitement. Again. I believe it when I see it.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Oh. So the goal of trading for the guy was to get him to put on a Blackhawks jersey? Great. Achieved that. Success. Well done, Stan.

what exactly are you arguing here...he reported, stan traded nothing for him, if he didnt report it would've been a disaster but this is a major win for stan and the hawks to get this cleared up a week after the trade...they moved a player that vegas loaned back to hawks, not sure how this can be spun negatively at this point

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
what exactly are you arguing here...he reported, stan traded nothing for him, if he didnt report it would've been a disaster but this is a major win for stan and the hawks to get this cleared up a week after the trade...they moved a player that vegas loaned back to hawks, not sure how this can be spun negatively at this point

One last time: You don't trade for a player you know doesn't wanna play for your team. If you do wanna convince him, you do that before the trade, not afterwards. So it's a bad move no matter what.

And no, the biggest disaster would be a bad Fleury just collecting his millions. Retirement would be much better. So right now, there's exactly zero news except that he's not gonna retire. The rest I'll believe when I see it.

Njfj

Feb 14, 2015

Hinterland: “hold my beer”

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
One last time: You don't trade for a player you know doesn't wanna play for your team. If you do wanna convince him, you do that before the trade, not afterwards. So it's a bad move no matter what.

And no, the biggest disaster would be a bad Fleury just collecting his millions. Retirement would be much better. So right now, there's exactly zero news except that he's not gonna retire. The rest I'll believe when I see it.

Lol. Yes, now he's just putting out all the public videos for shits and giggles, and fully plans on playing horribly because he doesn't want to be here.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Giovi

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
It was reported from the beginning that Fleury's hesitance to move had nothing to do with the Hawks, but from having to move his family out of Vegas. There is literally no evidence/reporting pointing to the contrary. This spin is ridiculous.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
It was reported from the beginning that Fleury's hesitance to move had nothing to do with the Hawks, but from having to move his family out of Vegas. There is literally no evidence/reporting pointing to the contrary. This spin is ridiculous.
I believe several posters here claimed Fleury did not want to play here. I also recall several posters saying "why would anyone want to play for Chicago?" It was definitely a narrative.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Maybe you missed it, but he said he wants to play for us. I dont know many, if any, players that just show up to collect a cheque, and Fleury isnt them. You are posting nonsense.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Maybe you missed it, but he said he wants to play for us. I dont know many, if any, players that just show up to collect a cheque, and Fleury isnt them. You are posting nonsense.

Says he wants to play but that's all. No welcome message or that he's excited to play as per usual today. And it took him days to figure out whether to retire or not. Again, I called all of this. The rest we'll find out over the season. I'm sceptical. I've been right about what went down after the trade so I'm probably right about the rest, too. I'd be surprised if he's at his best but we'll find out. Certainly no reason for excitement right now.

Also, I laughed reading that nbc article, sounding like Bowman was generous and such a nice bloke giving Fleury time. As if he ever had a chance. Fleury could have screwed Bowman to a point where it could have cost him his job if he wanted to. Had Fleury delayed his decision until preseason, I'm not sure Bowman could have done anything about it. Fleury had him by his balls.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Says he wants to play but that's all. No welcome message or that he's excited to play as per usual today. And it took him days to figure out whether to retire or not. Again, I called all of this. The rest we'll find out over the season. I'm sceptical. I've been right about what went down after the trade so I'm probably right about the rest, too. I'd be surprised if he's at his best but we'll find out. Certainly no reason for excitement right now.

Also, I laughed reading that nbc article, sounding like Bowman was generous and such a nice bloke giving Fleury time. As if he ever had a chance. Fleury could have screwed Bowman to a point where it could have cost him his job if he wanted to. Had Fleury delayed his decision until preseason, I'm not sure Bowman could have done anything about it. Fleury had him by his balls.
How on earth could Fleury of been a cause to Bowman being fired?

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
It's probably been brought up in here multiple times, but what happens with Lankinen now? What's the season split gonna be?

Lankinen is gonna outperform Fleury, this pickup is gonna look stupid real soon, that money could have been used better…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->