Confirmed with Link: MAF to Hawks

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I’ve never heard of a trade for literally nothing. Expiring contract, so no biggie. There are probably other teams that would have taken him for free, so I’m not surprised we got nothing to go along with the cap dump.

Reactions: Trojans86

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I’m glad we got him…. But not even a small add to take that entire contract on?

Bowman strikes again.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
I’m glad we got him…. But not even a small add to take that entire contract on?

Bowman strikes again.
Let's see what we can do with MAF at the TDL. Will be pretty appealing for a team like the Leafs, Carolina, or even back to Vegas haha.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Holy hell lol. Love Flower, he's going to bring a lot of fun (not to mention stability and experience for Lankinen).

Just strange to get the Vezina winner for free. Vegas is clearly planning something again (Tarasenko? Eichel?)

We just blew the rest of our cap though. Moves to follow still I'm sure (Strome, de Haan, Zadorov trades?)

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

He definitely made it clear he didn’t want to leave Vegas. He’s won 2 Cups I think, HOF career…. Wouldn’t surprise me if he just decided to retire instead.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hakkarainen is the definition of nothing

MAF + Lankinen gives Hawks stability in net but we still have issues on roster

Hawks are better team with this trade but still may not be good enough to be playoff team

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

He definitely made it clear he didn’t want to leave Vegas. He’s won 2 Cups I think, HOF career…. Wouldn’t surprise me if he just decided to retire instead.

that actually would be kind of funny

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Why not a pick coming with him to eat the whole thing?

Getting the reigning Vezina winner for free isn’t enough?

Somebody please appreciate MAF. I can’t think of another goalie in recent history with such a storied career who has been tossed out like trash by multiple teams now.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
its not like he got traded to some random team either, he has to at least find it somewhat intruiging to play with toews, kane, seth, debrincat, etc in a big market

Reactions: Muffinalt

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
He’s not going to walk away from $7M.
He is owed $6M this year, but I agree, would be wild to see. I hope he doesn't retire. The Hawks are an organization that typically go the distance for the player experience, so I can see them trying to ensure MAF that it'd be a good time here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad