Confirmed with Link: MAF to Hawks

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

I believe it when I see the results. And even if he does play well...you don't trade for players you know aren't gonna be motivated to play for you. If they somehow convinced and motivated Fleury...good for them...but you don't do this. Unfair to the player and too much risk involved.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
So whats everyone going to piss and moan about now?

I believe it when I see the results. And even if he does play well...you don't trade for players you know aren't gonna be motivated to play for you. If they somehow convinced and motivated Fleury...good for them...but you don't do this. Unfair to the player and too much risk involved.

stahl

Mar 26, 2011

So this will be your take all season now? Can't you just admit you were wrong? The whole "even if he does play well" line is rather silly. If he plays well, the trade worked out. He hasn't shown anything to indicate he won't be motivated to play. This is something you are interpreting from his intial disappointment which is a silly take to begin with. He's a professional and is coming to play.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
So this will be your take all season now? Can't you just admit you were wrong? The whole "even if he does play well" line is rather silly. If he plays well, the trade worked out. He hasn't shown anything to indicate he won't be motivated to play. This is something you are interpreting from his intial disappointment which is a silly take to begin with. He's a professional and is coming to play.

I called his initial reaction months ago in case he would get traded...and I was right.

Whether he's motivated and fine with the situation now...nobody knows. I certainly hope so but nobody can possibly know. We'll find out when actually watching him. Right now, all we know is he's not retiring. Means exactly shit. So why the excitement?

I don't think it matters though. Even if it does work out it was still stupid because again...you don't trade for players you know don't want to play for your team. They shouldn't have done such a deal without talking to Fleury first. Again, it's firstly unfair to the player and secondly a stupid risk to take.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I called his initial reaction months ago in case he would get traded...and I was right.

Whether he's motivated and fine with the situation now...nobody knows. I certainly hope so but nobody can possibly know. We'll find out when actually watching him. Right now, all we know is he's not retiring. Means exactly shit. So why the excitement?

I don't think it matters though. Even if it does work out it was still stupid because again...you don't trade for players you know don't want to play for your team. They shouldn't have done such a deal without talking to Fleury first. Again, it's firstly unfair to the player and secondly a stupid risk to take.
It is a stupid risk when you give up assests, say Buffalo trading to talk to Jimmy Vesssey.

The Hawks gave up a contract of a echl/ahl tweener. If Fleury said no they could of traded him elsewhere presumably to gain something or he retires and they don't pay the cap. There was no lose to the move though. You could say they should of held Vegas to giving up something though

Last edited:

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011

giphy1_u56mpy29lg.gif

Njfj

Feb 14, 2015
Ignore works great.

I mean, at this point…

Seriously, saying “cool, glad he seems happy to come here - next season is looking up,” would hardly be controversial. Better than marrying yourself to a poor take made 1-hour after the deal goes down.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
We just took over that whole contract for garbage sweetener and there was actually a chance he wouldn’t play? WTF is Stan doing?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
We just took over that whole contract for garbage sweetener and there was actually a chance he wouldn’t play? WTF is Stan doing?
I hate a number of things Bowman has done this offseason (and one big thing he did a decade ago), but getting the reigning Vezina winner without giving up anything but cap space is a big W. Especially seeing as how we have the cap this season and he's only signed for one more year.

HawkeyLife07

Dec 23, 2010

Brother, you don’t think a hall of famer is going to be motivated to stick it to his old team that gave him away for free?

Ya gotta be better from a critical thinking standpoint than that. Also, just like, have fun with this as a fan ya know?

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida

so what you’re really saying is you’ve never played a sport and know little about athletes (especially hockey players).
MAF is close to a record for wins. The Hawks just loaded up for a 1-2 year run.

You can’t be stupid enough to think he might dog it.
Actually reading other things you posted , I guess you can.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Reading Marc's face as he spoke to Chicago I think he is happy and motivated to come play for the Hawks.
No question.

didn't take him long to make a decision and he's considering moving his family here per kevin weekes twitter, so like others have already said maybe Stan has discussed this being more than a one year thing assuming he plays well and they can make the money work

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Can't we all just be happy to have vezina quality, future hall of famer, 3 x Stanley Cup winner, as the back up goalie
who brings loads of experience and very important example for Kevin Lankinen, he can learn a thing or two from MAF you know.

This is a turning point for Lanks, he gets to learn from one of the best goalies ever
and chance to become top 3 goalie in the NHL.

Some worry about the motivation or other stuff, dude is a pro, trades are part of the job.
He will give 100% for Hawks jersey, no doubt about that.

People really should stop following the media too closely, who are there for to paint an interesting, pretty picture,
colorful story for you to buy...

Geoist

May 1, 2015
I believe it when I see the results. And even if he does play well...you don't trade for players you know aren't gonna be motivated to play for you.

You don't trade an expendable career AHLer for a Vezina winner? And how do you know he won't be motivated to play for the Hawks? For all you know this shit with Vegas may motivate him to prove they made a bad move.

If they somehow convinced and motivated Fleury...good for them...but you don't do this. Unfair to the player and too much risk involved.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: AmericanDream

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad