GDT: Made by Alicat - 1/11| Ah, Sugar | Bruins @ Sharks|10:30pm ET| NESN, 100.7 WZLX FM

Furry89

Nov 17, 2013
I think the more pressing issue instead of the Kelly/Spooner bickering, is the fact in the 3 game West Coast swing the Top 6 contributed zero goals/points. That is not good, if this team is going to succeed their Top 6 players need to produce in the big games against stiff competition.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think the more pressing issue instead of the Kelly/Spooner bickering, is the fact in the 3 game West Coast swing the Top 6 contributed zero goals/points. That is not good, if this team is going to succeed their Top 6 players need to produce in the big games against stiff competition.

Not here, where focusing on the easier targets is the way we roll:sarcasm:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
you can tell you are a bruins fan when you stay up to watch that snoozefest but dont watch one second of the pats game.
good win. team needed that.

still need that top 3 d man though. i really want girardi for the playoffs.

love millers game. he shouldnt sit tuesday.

when is kelly back?

interesting to see if claude benches spooner campbell or kelly when he gets back.

Snoozefest??? Wondering if your referring to the Kings game or last nights as last nights was a well played, fast paced game

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Snoozefest? Is that because of the lateness of the hour on the east coast, the lack of scoring, or because you thought the fast pace of the game in all three zones (and the scrambling of the goalies) was unexciting?

nah. just seemed like both teams were going for the 0-0 tie after the first.
after we went up 1-0 it got better and more exciting.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
nah. just seemed like both teams were going for the 0-0 tie after the first.
after we went up 1-0 it got better and more exciting.

after back to back games where defensive focus was lost far too often, the B`s made life miserable for the Sharks. I don`t view the Sharks as a team who are content just picking up a point, not in a Conference so competitive

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige

-----------

I clearly think tis was an issue in the west. For the exception of period 1 in Anaheim game - where Bergy line played well, both line are actually struggling to bury their chances and the definitely didn't play well.

For sure that is the main part of their unsuccessful west trip.

D flaws in D zone - lacking puck possession and TR in both the first two games was also part of the problem.

SaskBruin

Evaluation Nation
Sep 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
And that from someone who wants third assists so their favorite player gets more points. :laugh:

Spooner pressured the Sharks defender ... if it wasn't for him and his speed, the Sharks clear easily.

Give it a rest already. Your Spooner rant is so effing annoying.

It's impossible discussing the game with someone that has a personal agenda.

Spooner has been very good in his time up here. IMO we are in a good position with so many young guys getting their opportunity. They will all be that much more valuable come playoffs if/when their number is called. Personally I would like to see a 20-11-23 merlot line with 22 rotating in due to injury/struggle or whatever the case may be. Hopefully come playoffs we are as healthy as can be(minus seids) and if there is an injury in the playoffs, being able to plug a player(like sugar) in without missing a beat is crucial. Just my opinion but I think losing Soupy last year was way bigger than most people realize. We never really got reset. I think there is room for both Kelly and Spooner in this lineup. Whether or not Claude agrees is a different story.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Bergeron hit like 3 posts during the trip and Krejci hit a post on an empty net.

The jury is still out on whether or not they're snakebitten. Also, Lucic has been bringing his same effort and speed every game, but what a slump he's on... He hasn't scored a goal in FOREVER. 8 games without one, another 8 games without one before that one. 1 goal for 16 games, ouch. He has like 11 points total in those 16 games, so not a huge deal, but still, you'd like to see him get his scoring touch back.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

I agree.

Krejci looked good but pretty much everyone else in the top 6 produced nothing and looked like they were producing nothing. Looch to a degree gets a pass for the Kings game-he didn't look like he was 100% but last night he was hit or miss.

Top 6 need to be better.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
Bergeron hit like 3 posts during the trip and Krejci hit a post on an empty net.

The jury is still out on whether or not they're snakebitten. Also, Lucic has been bringing his same effort and speed every game, but what a slump he's on... He hasn't scored a goal in FOREVER. 8 games without one, another 8 games without one before that one. 1 goal for 16 games, ouch. He has like 11 points total in those 16 games, so not a huge deal, but still, you'd like to see him get his scoring touch back.

There's a technical term for hitting the post - its called "missing the net". They've gotta bury more of those. Hopefully this is just a temporary blip.

Lucic hasn't put a goal in, but he's been setting up Iggy, and it seems like that is their gameplan - Lucic scrapes the boards, and feeds Iggy who is at the net. If that continues, I'm ok with Lucic's G count slipping. The lack of effectiveness from them on this road trip has me a little uncomfortable, but its only been a few games so far.

2KA

Oct 15, 2013
Saskatchewan

I'm not so sure I agree. Remember Lucic was sick and didn't look like he had much energy when he came back from that. And we have seen if that line is missing someone they are not near as effective. Especially Looch or Krejci.

I thought the 2nd line was creating chances the whole trip but couldn't finish. I felt overall, they were easily our best line. While it is a little concerning that they didn't produce I think it's a little to early to say it's a pressing issue.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

Bergeron's been ridiculously snakebitten all year really, not only on scoring opportunities, but for linemates finishing off his feeds.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
big win. nice to see most of the lineup back in action. 4th line was strong. thought eriksson played a pretty good game considering the time off and he buried a guy early in the night (think they gave soderberg his penalty). kevan miller had a nice game and did pretty well against a pj stock-like fighter in mike brown. most of brown's fights are just tons of punches. he tied him up good and got 1 or 2 real good shots in (bodes well for miller, since i think fighting needs to be part of his arsenal).

tuukka was awesome, very nice bounce back after a few questionable outings. typical character win for the bruins. only concern for me is making sure chara's minutes are managed going forward. they'll hopefully land a minutes eater at the deadline, but 33 is gonna put on a lot of mileage this season.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
big win. nice to see most of the lineup back in action. 4th line was strong. thought eriksson played a pretty good game considering the time off and he buried a guy early in the night (think they gave soderberg his penalty). kevan miller had a nice game and did pretty well against a pj stock-like fighter in mike brown. most of brown's fights are just tons of punches. he tied him up good and got 1 or 2 real good shots in (bodes well for miller, since i think fighting needs to be part of his arsenal).

tuukka was awesome, very nice bounce back after a few questionable outings. typical character win for the bruins. only concern for me is making sure chara's minutes are managed going forward. they'll hopefully land a minutes eater at the deadline, but 33 is gonna put on a lot of mileage this season.

this is a nice post. and specifically agree with the bolded. Him not being hesitant after the injury sends good energy. I thought that was important last night.

I thought they were better physically in the first. when that attitude starts to get depleted, they tend to go down hill fast. Luckily it want too bad last night.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Bergeron caught whatever illness Jagr had during the playoffs :laugh: (Snakebitism)

No matter, even when he's not scoring, Bergy still brings the defensive game at the very least.

How the hell do you bring Kelly back into this line up? It's clicking now with Spooner at the 3 and it doesn't really make sense to stick him on the Merlot line. Move Soderberg off or something?

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
For those of you who didn't watch the game or watched bits and pieces of it.. Bruins played much better but were on there heels for most of the game. Matter fact, If not for Rask we would of gotten blown out. This team needs help on D, and I could be totally wrong but I imagine Bart will be the odd man out and I can see him being sent in a deal somewhere.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
And our offense needs to ummm I don't know create some offense I guess. I feel sorry for Rask or any goalie who plays for the Bruins this season.. Still plenty of hockey to go and I know we haven't seen the best from this team yet.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
And our offense needs to ummm I don't know create some offense I guess. I feel sorry for Rask or any goalie who plays for the Bruins this season.. Still plenty of hockey to go and I know we haven't seen the best from this team yet.

Yeah I'm not impressed our top 6 was completely M.I.A. this entire road trip. But as scary as that was last night you know that game had to feel good for Rask considering how he's struggled the past bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad