Madden 19

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Um my game just froze and reloaded it and all my franchise info has been erased. I was in week 7. Cool.

Edit: never mind it was still saved to the cloud even though my game acted like it was loading up for the very first time ever.

Last edited:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Only annoyance so far for me with Madden 19 is the commentary. There are a lot of blatant mess ups, but hey its a little thing

Every other game Davis will make a comment about the opposing receiver having a big game in the NFC conference finals two weeks ago and he just had his first catch in the superbowl. Cool, except it's week 1.

One thing I've noticed is they say former ____ player a lot now.
Traded for Earl Thomas and they say former Seahawk Thomas with the tackle/pick etc. Pretty cool.

Out routes are like playing Russian roulette in this game. CPU loves to jump them.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Every other game Davis will make a comment about the opposing receiver having a big game in the NFC conference finals two weeks ago and he just had his first catch in the superbowl. Cool, except it's week 1.

One thing I've noticed is they say former ____ player a lot now.
Traded for Earl Thomas and they say former Seahawk Thomas with the tackle/pick etc. Pretty cool.

Out routes are like playing Russian roulette in this game. CPU loves to jump them.

First thing I noticed as well. I love my out routes, but I find myself avoiding them so far because of this.

Reactions: ShootIt

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I was playing a preseason game for practice, and they mentioned last year's Hall of Fame game matchup as the HoF game this year. At least they have new commentary. (cough, NHL game, cough)

My mishap was the game saying it was Alex Smith's debut for the Skins.... I was in game 1 of season 3.

Sep 19, 2008
The commentary has always been odd. I just ignore it.

Finally got a controller working (xbox 360 wireless one) and it's the only one that actually works with the game without any problems. The only issue is if you want to quit at the main menu it keeps popping up this controller select screen which gets irritating as you can't actually quit the game once you're done playing. So far everything is fine in franchise.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
The commentary has always been odd. I just ignore it.

Finally got a controller working (xbox 360 wireless one) and it's the only one that actually works with the game without any problems. The only issue is if you want to quit at the main menu it keeps popping up this controller select screen which gets irritating as you can't actually quit the game once you're done playing. So far everything is fine in franchise.
thats what happened to me. It was because I had something else plugged into my computer. check to see if you have anything else plugged in. if you do, unplug it and see if that works.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Okay so anyone want to give me tips on how to best foster growth in prospects from the draft? Is it simply play them and complete their weekly and yearly goals?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I traded for Lemar Jackson in franchise and my goodness he is fun to use. Also his 91 speed is 100% op.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Okay so anyone want to give me tips on how to best foster growth in prospects from the draft? Is it simply play them and complete their weekly and yearly goals?

That's what I do. I select the 3 most important rookies/young guys and train them weekly and then start them. Hope to win ROTY as well. Notice it's harder to develop OL this year so far, but I'm only 1.5 seasons into my franchise.
Maybe if Zeke wins RB of the year/meet some rushing TD goals they'll get a boost in XP as well.

Cover 3 can be a dominate coverage if you control the Mike. I have 10 Ints with Leighton Vander Esch in 8 games. Sort of don't like the unrealistic stat but QBs love to throw over the middle.

Sep 19, 2008
This dumb crap controller setting alternates between controller and keyboard so often it's ridiculous

Can't you just plug a c ontroller into the PC and make it DAMN WORK without any issues :rant:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
This dumb crap controller setting alternates between controller and keyboard so often it's ridiculous

Can't you just plug a c ontroller into the PC and make it DAMN WORK without any issues :rant:
What controller are you attempting to use? I plug a 360 controller in and it's worked flawlessly. It's worked well with pretty much any PC game I've tried to use it on. Might be worth looking into if you're using a different controller.

Sep 19, 2008
What controller are you attempting to use? I plug a 360 controller in and it's worked flawlessly. It's worked well with pretty much any PC game I've tried to use it on. Might be worth looking into if you're using a different controller.

360 controller. Whenever I start up Madden it always switches between controller and keyboard on the screen. The controls also get messed up.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
360 controller. Whenever I start up Madden it always switches between controller and keyboard on the screen. The controls also get messed up.
Hmmmm. That's odd. Sorry I can't be of any help. Mine just kinda works. I don't really do anything. Maybe the USB port on your PC is malfunctioning? Like it's connecting and disconnecting all the time and the game adjusts each time? I dunno.

Sep 19, 2008
Hmmmm. That's odd. Sorry I can't be of any help. Mine just kinda works. I don't really do anything. Maybe the USB port on your PC is malfunctioning? Like it's connecting and disconnecting all the time and the game adjusts each time? I dunno.

That might be the case. I'll try later thanks

Sep 19, 2008

The issue was the dumb Steam or "Big Picture mode" was messing with the 360 controller meaning anytime Steam was open it would mess with the settings. Once I closed steam down and played the game it worked fine.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
The issue was the dumb Steam or "Big Picture mode" was messing with the 360 controller meaning anytime Steam was open it would mess with the settings. Once I closed steam down and played the game it worked fine.
Huh. That's odd. Well, thanks for sharing. I'm sure I'll run into that nonsense at some point.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I'm so f***ing sick of calling for a fair catch and it just bouncing off Antonio Browns helmet.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
so it looks like the offseason is totally f'ed once again. Teams with great QB's signing expensive QB's in free agency. teams with an already stud RB signing another stud RB in free agency or drafting one. This is what absolutely kills franchise for me. Im hearing great things about NHL's franchise. I might actually look into that.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I gave the game another shot last night. My pass defense sucked, and I lost three fumbles. My run defense is really good, but I can't defend the pass for ****. I allowed over 300 yards but only seven first downs. :laugh:

Reactions: HFBCommenter
Sep 19, 2008
Need to use dime and quarter D. I always like to rush the passer. Believe me, teams can't run against me but they seem to pass against me better. Just throw more corners in there and don't play man, play zone.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Need to use dime and quarter D. I always like to rush the passer. Believe me, teams can't run against me but they seem to pass against me better. Just throw more corners in there and don't play man, play zone.

I almost always use at least five DBs (nickel). I almost never use the 4-3 package (only if they use 1 RB, 1 WR and 3 TE). I primarily play zone defense, yet I still can't stop the pass. Oh well.

Sep 19, 2008
I play on professional so there. I have a bit of trouble stopping the pass but the whole scheme of football makes it easier to stop the run (just stack the box) than the pass where there's more open field.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad