Madden 19

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Does anyone know of any good slider settings where the computer doesn't intercept every single bad pass? That is so frustrating. I remember in old Madden games that they actually dropped some bad passes. In the past few years, they haven't.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Does anyone know of any good slider settings where the computer doesn't intercept every single bad pass? That is so frustrating. I remember in old Madden games that they actually dropped some bad passes. In the past few years, they haven't.

I used Matt’s sliders on the operation sports madden forums. It’s in the slider category for a thread. It should be near the top as it is one of the more active threads.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
IMO I thought 18/19 were worthy of buying. Always will be some glitches with the game, but 18+ the gang tackles/physics finally started to get better(dare I say more realistic).

So would you recommend? I'm mainly a franchise mode player and this is all sounding good

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
So would you recommend? I'm mainly a franchise mode player and this is all sounding good

Yea I would recommend it. Especially since you haven't played one since 16. There will be a few games learning curve on how to control players as this new player motion thing takes a bit to get used to.
I only play franchise and I still played M18 all the way to M19 release.

Usually I would get bored with Madden by Feb/March.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I had to pause a game for about 20 minutes and when I came back I couldn't select my defensive play. Not only that there were no players on the field and the Ravens offense let the clock tick down for a delay of game.

I captured it through Xbox if I only knew how to post it here.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell

Franchise mode is nearly identical to 18

The only change is schemes. Your players have unchangeable player types (Run Stopper, Strong Arm, Power Back, etc.) and if they fit your scheme they get more XP.

Moreover, when you upgrade a player you don’t decide how XP is spent. You choose one of the player types and it auto upgrades a few relevant stats.

Not worth $60 IMO.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I have not played since 16 though so is the difference in franchise mode from 16 to 17/18 worth it?

Franchise mode in 19 is nearly identical to 18, 17, 16. All the way back to whenever CFM was introduced, they’ve made maybe 5 changes.

They’re extremely minor changes, like in the scouting you can favorite players.

I get Madden for free every year through game sharing and it’s really pathetic how little they do for franchise. Outside of MUT and gameplay they change nothing.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
For years I was a Franchise guy too. This year I have yet to touch Franchise as I've been grinding the hell out of solo challenges and building my team through packs. Also I have yet to spend a nickel on packs. I took 2 years off Madden. I highly recommend Madden 19.

Reactions: robertmac43

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
The game is almost unplayable for me at this point. I can not resign Wentz. 5 years, maxed salary and max bonus ($54 million over fair market). It maxes out at $20 million for salary and $20 million for bonus. Playing Seattle in the playoffs. Just playing defense to speed things up. This happened twice. The 1st play of the drive on offense my RB gains 8 yards. The next play is a kickoff to the other team. No points, no turnovers (if it was turned over, I'd be on defense and if they scored off of it, the score would change). During 2 minute hurry up, after picking a play on defense, I only had a DL, LB, and S. They had 3 OL, WR, QB, and RB on a 3rd and 2. It wouldn't let me call a time out.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Surprised there's no discussion of the shooting at the Madden 19 tournament earlier Sunday. Messed up. I believe 2 dead victims + 1 dead shooter, and 11 injured people. A former Madden champion lost his games, left and came back with a gun and shot 13 people at the tournament, not including himself. It was being streamed on Twitch. There's a video on YouTube, though it's only audio when the shooting starts. Absolutely messed up and very sad story.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
For years I was a Franchise guy too. This year I have yet to touch Franchise as I've been grinding the hell out of solo challenges and building my team through packs. Also I have yet to spend a nickel on packs. I took 2 years off Madden. I highly recommend Madden 19.

I caved the other day and picked it up. Really enjoying franchise so far, yet to try the new MUT stuff.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I caved the other day and picked it up. Really enjoying franchise so far, yet to try the new MUT stuff.
I'm waiting for a sale but I want it. My friend who works at EB says he thinks it'll go on sale after the shooting, as gross as that is.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm waiting for a sale but I want it. My friend who works at EB says he thinks it'll go on sale after the shooting, as gross as that is.

Really? I feel like that would be a pretty sketchy move on their parts.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Really? I feel like that would be a pretty sketchy move on their parts.
He said the sale would be a "we're not trying to make money off this shooting"

I would personally go buy this minute if they announced a portion was going to the two families.

Reactions: robertmac43

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Any tips for running the ball?

I use the fullback a lot and stretch run plays to start.

I noticed too if you tap the sprint once, release, then hold it the runner seems to run faster.
You'll notice that some DTs and DEs have some unreal bursts once they shed the blocker and can beat your RB to the edge.
Wonder if they'll patch it soon

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Only annoyance so far for me with Madden 19 is the commentary. There are a lot of blatant mess ups, but hey its a little thing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad