Prospect Info: MacT thinks he has more picks (UPDATE 2/16/15 Stauffer Says That We have Two 3rds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McOilers4cup

Finally
Jul 14, 2007
High Hopes
I'm going to apologize to MacT as this condition wasn't made public from what I understand and I criticized Craig MacTavish for what I assumed was a mistake in this thread. I'm sorry Craig for any comments that were offending in nature.

Also, we have another 3rd rounder, WOOOOOOO!!!!!
Not to mention that the pick is 4 or 5 slots better then the 4th round Pick

MrM

Oct 13, 2013
Wow this chamber is echo-y.

So, this entire thread was basically "Dummy, doesn't know draft picks, derp", when in fact he was correct about his total amount of picks. The rest of his tenure is what it is, but it's stupid and disenguenous to act as if you were in the right in the "Derp, doesn't count picks, derp", when the GM had it correct, ALL ALONG.

He's still derpy, derp.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Stauffer tried to explain this, apparently there was a stipulation in the initial Perron trade that if the Blues finished above the Oilers by "a certain amount" in the standings, the Oilers would get the Blues '15 3rd and the Blues would get the '15 4th pick of the Oilers.

It was something like that, at any rate.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He's still derpy, derp.

Mac-T? No question, the echo chamber just gets to be a bit much, plus there are valid reasons to not like him without having to jump on misunderstood things. You (the posters) made a mistake, He (Mac-T) was right, probably time to get over that.

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
inb4 nikitin is traded for a 3rd and he is the best GM in the league

1st comp:
14-15
Nikitin - Fayne 2.21 EVGA/60 with .890 Fasth and Scrivens
12-13
Smid-Petry 2.24 EVga/60 with .920 Dubnyk
11-12
Smid-Petry 2.63 EVGA/60 with .914 Dubnyk

Might want to look at facts before you speak out your.......................

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
Stauffer tried to explain this, apparently there was a stipulation in the initial Perron trade that if the Blues finished above the Oilers by "a certain amount" in the standings, the Oilers would get the Blues '15 3rd and the Blues would get the '15 4th pick of the Oilers.

It was something like that, at any rate.
This is an interesting hedge for someone who seemed VERY confident at the start of his tenure as General Manager. I'd be curious to know what the terms actually are. For interest's sake last season the Blue finished 10 spots and 44 points ahead of the Oilers.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
There is going to be very little difference in the end..

We will pick 80something instead of 90something

MrM

Oct 13, 2013
Mac-T? No question, the echo chamber just gets to be a bit much, plus there are valid reasons to not like him without having to jump on misunderstood things. You (the posters) made a mistake, He (Mac-T) was right, probably time to get over that.

I was over that the day after it was brought out. I didn't even know it was newsworthy until it was brought to the forefront. I haven't back to check all my posts but I'm pretty sure that everything I have stated lends itself to the idea that he is a terrible GM. Would it surprise me for him to make this kind of mistake? Not at all. Does he deserve a cookie for knowing how many picks he has? I don't think so.

Wanna move on to other things that MacT has gotten wrong or reasons why he should be fired? I'm all for that.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I was over that the day after it was brought out. I didn't even know it was newsworthy until it was brought to the forefront. I haven't back to check all my posts but I'm pretty sure that everything I have stated lends itself to the idea that he is a terrible GM. Would it surprise me for him to make this kind of mistake? Not at all. Does he deserve a cookie for knowing how many picks he has? I don't think so.

Wanna move on to other things that MacT has gotten wrong or reasons why he should be fired? I'm all for that.

There are plenty of spots in the this echo chamber where you can find that.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I'll gladly trumpet that I am wrong and apologize as soon as mact or lowe do the same for any of about 50 things over the last 12-13 years.

You earn cred and you earn a skeptical eye and this front office has earned the fact that no matter what they do their moves will be assumed to be screw ups.

Last edited:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

This type of attitude is what (IMO) some posters take a little exception to.

It's fine to bash MacT for the mistakes he's made, but for the sake of a level playing field, maybe some of the good things he's done should be discussed as well.

I think his biggest mistake was the Eakins hiring and the waiting to fire his sorry ass. And his mistakes so far out weigh the good things he's done.

But he HAS done a few good things.

Lock

Apr 5, 2008
I love Vladdy, just like most of us do, but he isn't exactly lighting the world on fire this year.

Still take him but 3rd round might be a stretch.

Probably because he doesnt have to. I'm sure theres been a handshake agreement that the Oilers are going to draft him at some point.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
1st comp:
14-15
Nikitin - Fayne 2.21 EVGA/60 with .890 Fasth and Scrivens
12-13
Smid-Petry 2.24 EVga/60 with .920 Dubnyk
11-12
Smid-Petry 2.63 EVGA/60 with .914 Dubnyk

Might want to look at facts before you speak out your.......................
and you need to actually watch games before spiting out numbers every post
the reason Fasth/Scrivens had such poor save percentage was due to all the grade A scoring chances given up by Nikitin...he was slow and horrible

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I love Vladdy, just like most of us do, but he isn't exactly lighting the world on fire this year.

Still take him but 3rd round might be a stretch.

If you have two 3rd rounders and he is there you take him. He has as good a chance as any of making it and statistically there is very little difference between a late 3rd and a 6th rounder in terms of producing NHL players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad