Prospect Info: MacT thinks he has more picks (UPDATE 2/16/15 Stauffer Says That We have Two 3rds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lock

Apr 5, 2008
I know they've got terrible asset management but this is getting ridiculous.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
He has that 2nd 3rd rounder ear marked for Tkachev I bet.

Vintage Oiler management. more disturbing though is this part of his quote.

“The primary focal point of our organization right now is in preparation for this upcoming draft. â€

Half way through the season and the teams focal point is on the draft. This after his last press conference where he bristled at the question about draft position and said we are not worrying about that!

Are these guys just poor liars or are they really that stupid, I can never figure out which.

Thank you. 6 years in to a rebuild and it's all about this years draft. Wow. Looks like they've officially adopted the plan to use the assets acquired in the last 5 years to supplement the core, most of which hasn't even been drafted yet.

These guys are going down in history. They will be the brunt of jokes for 50 years.

Lock

Apr 5, 2008
Thank you. 6 years in to a rebuild and it's all about this years draft. Wow. Looks like they've officially adopted the plan to use the assets acquired in the last 5 years to supplement the core, most of which hasn't even been drafted yet.

These guys are going down in history. They will be the brunt of jokes for 50 years.

At the moment Leafs' management are pumping their fists in joy because they're going to get passed as the worst management team in league history.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Probably talking about the 3rd round pick he will get for Fasth at the deadline, even though we all know it will be a 4th or 5th round pick. Either way, Craig's on it ;)

Lock

Apr 5, 2008
Terrible barely even begins to cover how bad that would be for the Oilers.
If MacT makes a trade like that then there is no hope for him as an NHL GM.

Well at this point it looks like Petry's return is going to be zero so hopefully if someone offers a 3rd they take it and run.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Terrible barely even begins to cover how bad that would be for the Oilers.
If MacT makes a trade like that then there is no hope for him as an NHL GM.

Petry probably does not want to be here as much as Perron was rumored not to want to be here. He is going, he is a UFA, we only got a late 1st for a top 6 winger with another year on his deal. We set the bar low and Petry may fetch us a 3 and and a 5 or some such thing. Don't expect much.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
FailT. No doubt he trades our 2nd round pick for another 3rd and a 4th though. He's probably just mixing up the present scenario with the future one.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
He has that 2nd 3rd rounder ear marked for Tkachev I bet.

Vintage Oiler management. more disturbing though is this part of his quote.

“The primary focal point of our organization right now is in preparation for this upcoming draft. â€

Half way through the season and the teams focal point is on the draft. This after his last press conference where he bristled at the question about draft position and said we are not worrying about that!

Are these guys just poor liars or are they really that stupid, I can never figure out which.

Well, there's a bit of a difference between not worrying about position and preparing for a deep draft, but I think Mac T is basically saying there's no significant upgrades that can be made for the rest of the season.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Wow. I know some will just say this is an easy mistake and it's just a 3rd, but it is his job to know about this.

How Katz can continue to give Lowe and MacT cover just amazes me. If he wants to hang out with them, whatever. That doesn't mean he needs to let them continue to run the team into the ground. FFS. Come on already.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Petry probably does not want to be here as much as Perron was rumored not to want to be here. He is going, he is a UFA, we only got a late 1st for a top 6 winger with another year on his deal. We set the bar low and Petry may fetch us a 3 and and a 5 or some such thing. Don't expect much.

Which begs the question: if they knew they couldn't sign him long term last July, why in the ---- didn't they trade him in July??

Why, why, why?

#because Oilers.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Of all the dumb things Oilers management have said and done over the past few years, mistaking the number of third round picks they have in the upcoming draft seems pretty minor to me.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Well, there's a bit of a difference between not worrying about position and preparing for a deep draft, but I think Mac T is basically saying there's no significant upgrades that can be made for the rest of the season.

When you are talking about preparing for a draft (every 2nd draft is a 'ddep draft' it seems) at the mid season point it is pathetic.

When this guy makes a significant upgrade it will be his 1st. Just think of his original presser. LOL

Oct 15, 2008
When you are talking about preparing for a draft (every 2nd draft is a 'ddep draft' it seems) at the mid season point it is pathetic.

When this guy makes a significant upgrade it will be his 1st. Just think of his original presser. LOL

They were talking about why the scouts were all congregated in OKC for their mid season meetings. I would be concerned if they werent preparing for the draft. What else would you expect them to be doing?

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
The truly crazy thing is that he still believes he's going to have a job here in June. If there's any justice in this Universe, his will be the first pink slip delivered, on his desk, first thing Monday morning April 13. He can take his ass-hat buddies with him too.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
They were talking about why the scouts were all congregated in OKC for their mid season meetings. I would be concerned if they werent preparing for the draft. What else would you expect them to be doing?

Their primary focus is on the draft yet MacTavish doesn't even know how many picks the Oilers have in said draft.

What does that say about the facets of the organization MacTavish isn't putting all his brain power toward?

Oct 15, 2008
Their primary focus is on the draft yet MacTavish doesn't even know how many picks the Oilers have in said draft.

What does that say about the facets of the organization MacTavish isn't putting all his brain power toward?

They dont call him the Dumbest Man in Hockey for nothing. Just another in a long line of embarrassing faux pas.

Lock

Apr 5, 2008
There are a very finite number of draft picks.

We're talking about dealing with a number lower than 10.

You'd think they could handle that.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

You need to back off Mactavish a little bit here. Anybody who knows anything about hockey knows that Gm's are not required to know how many picks they have in the upcoming draft until they are on the job for at least 22 months.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Oilers now just preparing for this deep draft makes me LoL even more! That right there tells me that he really thought this team was going far and did believe in Eakins! Pathetic!

That being said; Shouldn't the Oilers be Pro's by now and always be prepared for every draft.. especially seeing how we finish at or near the bottom of the league for a generation? If MacT also has no clue with the number of picks we have he's a complete idiot! More of an idiot I should say. He did fire Kreuger and hire Dallas ****ing Eakins and mismanaged Drai!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad