Mackinnon or Matthews

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
If MacKinnon does re-sign for a team friendly contract that's great, but until he does that it's why I believe it when it happens.

Also what's considered team friendly? What if he wants 7 years and $11 million AAV just as an example, is that acceptable based on his comments? The way he's playing why wouldn't a team on the open market give him between $12-$14 million.
So a better player signed to longer term with less cap hit than Matthews signed after the cap goes up? Yeah that would be team friendly in comparison

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Isn’t pp points p/60 exactly “how a player does on the pp”?
Yes. Not sure your point.

You don't get to claim that ice time doesn't mean anything because your player hasn't been doing well on the PP. Which isn't even true; Mackinnon has done well on the PP. It's the 2nd best year of his career there so far.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Yes. Not sure your point.

You don't get to claim that ice time doesn't mean anything because your player hasn't been doing well on the PP. Which isn't even true; Mackinnon has done well on the PP. It's the 2nd best year of his career there so far.
I’m just going by where you said “how a player does on the pp is irrelevant”

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I’m just going by where you said “how a player does on the pp is irrelevant”
You cut off the end of the sentence. I said it is irrelevant to the fact that he gets that opportunity. How he does is completely separate.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Then you should have had no reason to ask the question you did.

I asked because it’s confusing how you always mention p60 stats for the pp, which you agree is a measure of how a player performs on the pp, then say that “how a player does on the pp is irrelevant”

Those are very conflicting views.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I asked because it’s confusing how you always mention p60 stats for the pp, which you agree is a measure of how a player performs on the pp, then say that “how a player does on the pp is irrelevant”
I did not say how a player does on the PP is irrelevant. Stop misrepresenting what I said.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Prior to this year MacKinnon had only played in 82 games in 3/6 seasons. So was hurt in 2015, 2016, and 2018 since he only played in 64, 72 and 74 games.

prior to this season Matthews only played 82 games 1/3 seasons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad