GDT: MacKinnon, Nathan. "Study Shows that Wild are ****". Bureau of Ass-Kicking. Sorebutts.org. 9/28. 7PM

What's for dinner?

• Total voters

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Would be Girard, Cole and Nemeth on the left side, EJ, Barrie and Barbs on the right. Not devastating.

Nemeth is a UFA next summer and Cole turns 30 this season. Barrie may not be here long, and Barberio should be a healthy scratch.

The future of the Avs blueline would be very different without Zadorov.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I can't believe what I'm reading

A lot of the Usual Suspects when it comes to overreactions :laugh:

If Zads is still not playing well(And I dont even think he's been that bad, thought he was solid his first game and made one glaring error in game 2 that's it) 15 games into the regular season, then sure it's fair game to be concerned.

But 2 games into preseason? Good lord this place sometimes.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Not good, either. Especially if an injury hit.

Of course it's not good, we'd lose a guy that is supposed to slot in our top 4. I wasn't overracting or even said we should trade him, I was just answering his question.

BUT let's not kid ourselves into thinking that Zadorov is currently an anchor on that blue line and losing him would change everything. He isn't. Every year we wish he'll become that guy.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Of course it's not good, we'd lose a guy that is supposed to slot in our top 4. I wasn't overracting or even said we should trade him, I was just answering his question.

BUT let's not kid ourselves into thinking that Zadorov is currently an anchor on that blue line and losing him would change everything. He isn't. Every year we wish he'll become that guy.
Wouldn't have made the playoffs without him last year.

Reactions: klozge

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany

So we're pretending EJ has looked good in the preseason? Sorry but this is ridiculous.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So we're pretending EJ has looked good in the preseason? Sorry but this is ridiculous.

EJ doesn't have a long history of making brain dead plays which prevented him to be a first pairing defenseman. Zadorov does.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He kinda does. EJ is good defensively but he certainly makes bone headed plays more often than I'd like.

They all do bad plays to various levels (minus Doughty, maybe). Zadorov is a "high level of f*** ups" guy. Without those plays he would be the top pairing LHD on that team (and he really should be by now considering he had no one in front of him for years). He had a good season last year and it was OK to hope as a fan that the kind of f*** ups that led to the 2 Minny goals yesterday was behind him.

So it's not "oh no, this player was bad in a pre-season game trade him now" thing. It's a "on no, looks like we're back to square one" observation.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
If you look at EJ's minutes and mostly perfect defensive positioning and playing you should give him a pass. He usually goes unnoticed and gets the job done. Offensively it's another story.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
They all do bad plays to various levels (minus Doughty, maybe). Zadorov is a "high level of **** ups" guy. Without those plays he would be the top pairing LHD on that team (and he really should be by now considering he had no one in front of him for years). He had a good season last year and it was OK to hope as a fan that the kind of **** ups that led to the 2 Minny goals yesterday was behind him.

So it's not "oh no, this player was bad in a pre-season game trade him now" thing. It's a "on no, looks like we're back to square one" observation.
So everything he did last season is out the window and all that matters is 2 pre-season games? Can't say I agree with that.

Reactions: Waingro and klozge

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Without all the draft hype and stuff I always kinda liked Kerfoot’s game the most out of the trio of jost jtc and kerfoot so hopefully he’s able to keep up this play and become that real solid top 6 guy (of course Jost too)

Reactions: avsfan09

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Anybody else think EJ looked slower than usual last night? He was getting beat to almost every puck.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So everything he did last season is out the window and all that matters is 2 pre-season games? Can't say I agree with that.

I didn't say that.

Square one = having some good games and being promising but regularly making head scratching plays that prevent him to be a steady top pairing guy.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I didn't watch this game. The only game I saw EJ play was his first pre-season game, and he looked just fine. Skating well, handling the puck well, making his usual good reads defensively.

Everyone needs to remind themselves this is pre-season. The vets are just working out the kinks from the summer. I've seen countless world class veterans look like absolute crap in the pre-season.

A vet could look like complete crap all pre-season, and it makes very little difference. The only thing that matters is they get their legs under them, and their timing back. The only proving they need to do is in the regular season/playoffs.

Reactions: burgundyblue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad