GDT: MacKinnon, Nathan. "Study Shows that Wild are ****". Bureau of Ass-Kicking. Sorebutts.org. 9/28. 7PM

What's for dinner?

• Total voters

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Anybody else think EJ looked slower than usual last night? He was getting beat to almost every puck.

I thought it was just me, but yes, he appeared slower and less quick to my naked eye. His skating appeared to be roughly comparable to Ian Cole (although maybe that is extreme).

Even though the Avs ran up the shot differential, they appeared off for some reason to me. Even the Mack-Landy-Rantanen line appeared less dangerous. It is a preseason game, so I am not going to jump to any conclusions. We'll see how they start out the season out of the gate.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
I don't think EJ looked that bad last night, I think he got beat once, the other times it was a lot closer to being beat than it used to be but he was still efficient and won his battles.

He's a smart player, if he starts to lose in the speed game he'll probably compensate a bit more with better positioning. Having a partner like Girard will let him play a little more stay at home as well.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I thought it was just me, but yes, he appeared slower and less quick to my naked eye. His skating appeared to be roughly comparable to Ian Cole (although maybe that is extreme).

Even though the Avs ran up the shot differential, they appeared off for some reason to me. Even the Mack-Landy-Rantanen line appeared less dangerous. It is a preseason game, so I am not going to jump to any conclusions. We'll see how they start out the season out of the gate.

I remember him getting burned on a play coming into the Avs' zone, but I just looked up #71 on the Wild, and it's JT Brown so I'll give him a pass. Brown isn't a great player, but he's fast.

I'm not worried about EJ in the slightest, I just thought he looked considerably slower last night compared to what I remember. Could be me. He's still going to log 23+ minutes on a night on the reg when he's healthy.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
One thing I've learned is never come to any conclusions about veterans during the preseason. Is it that EJ looked slower, or that he wasn't trying his hardest? For a lot of veterans, it seems like they care more about getting in a few game reps and not getting injured than actually playing particularly well. And I don't blame them - I'd probably do the same thing once my spot on the team was absolutely secure, especially if I've had injury issues.

Reactions: 5280

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Another game where I felt we played within ourselves. Starting to make me really excited for when we start playing balls to the wall.

We could potentially be a very, VERY tough team to play against Avs fam.

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
Of course it's not good, we'd lose a guy that is supposed to slot in our top 4. I wasn't overracting or even said we should trade him, I was just answering his question.

BUT let's not kid ourselves into thinking that Zadorov is currently an anchor on that blue line and losing him would change everything. He isn't. Every year we wish he'll become that guy.
I disagree on Big Z and think hes way better then you are giving him credit for imo.

Reactions: klozge

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Reddit most likely.
Is there a particular stream to look for on Reddit ?
I was getting games on it the tail end last year but hard to find one that works sometimes. Can't seem to remember or find the one that was working for me

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I do that but a lot of them don't work .

Usually the ones at the top of the thread work. Sometimes they do require to be a bit internet savvy since you have to navigate through ads and stuff on the sites.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->