Seravalli: Mackenzie Blackwood to Leafs?

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Easy no, we aren't paying picks + for FAs and cap dumps. It will cost the Leafs to get rid of Holl and Mrazek, no one is giving picks for them.
Holl has one year, 2m left on his deal. He's not a cap dump. He'd be fine taking subbans place as a 3rd pair rd. I wouldn't take that specific deal because I think it's unnecessary, but I'm not opposed to adding Holl if the devils did it, but with one year before ufa, it just seems unnecessary

Ledge And Dairy

Easy no, we aren't paying picks + for FAs and cap dumps. It will cost the Leafs to get rid of Holl and Mrazek, no one is giving picks for them.
Holl is a decent #5/6 on a fair contract. The only reasons he is perceived as having negative value is because Toronto media is so prevalent and he played a constant top 4 role in Toronto.

In reality his value isn't high but it's not negative

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

NOBODY in our fanbase hates Justin Holl more than I do.

But it won't cost the Leafs to get rid of Holl

Holl can absolutely bring back a pick

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
We'll send you Blackwood for Campbell and Lyubushkin on pre negotiated deals.
Campbell and Lyubushkin are UFAs. Trading for UFA rights adds zero value.

It just creates pressure to get a deal done before they go to UFA and leads to overpayments.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I think Toronto would have to add obviously . Not 1 for 1

What’s blackwoods value? Ned got a 3.

Campbell is probably a 5th. So Campbell and something small?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
NJD has a hole at 3rd pairing RD...

Blackwood and a pick (one of your 4ths, Edmonton?) for Campbell's rights and Holl?

Would like a 3rd rounder to come from NJD but figured I would save the counter negotiation.
How about Blackwood for Holl & a 3rd from TOR and NJ just signs Campbell as a UFA? His "rights" have little to no value.

Reactions: Space umpire

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
One for one shuffling the deck chairs type of deal. Blackwood is clearly persona non grata in New Jersey and Campbell is close in Toronto.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Carlo on 1050 this morning was dreading the thought of either Blackwood or Murray being the Leafs' next guy....he's convinced it'll be one or the other. :laugh:

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
please tell us why he is a jerkoff. Im willing to bet $1000 youre about to mention the fact he was hesitant to get the vaccine...
I don't really care that he took a while to get it, but misleading your employer about your intentions to get it when that decision carries very real consequences for their ability to operate doesn't exactly give off great vibes.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
I don't really care that he took a while to get it, but misleading your employer about your intentions to get it when that decision carries very real consequences for their ability to operate doesn't exactly give off great vibes.
He never mislead anyone. He was nervous to get a brand new shot that had literally just come out that still hasn’t had all the information released on it. He was then pressured by the league, media and fans to do something he wasn’t comfortable with all the while he had already Covid. Just because someone doesn’t agree with you in every aspect of life doesn’t make them a “jerkoff”. However, pressuring people into doing things to their body they aren’t comfortable with…

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Seravalli was on the fan 960 and he brought up Mackenzie Blackwood as possibly going to the Leafs in a sign and trade with Jack Campbell going to NJ.

this is something I have wondered about myself, it has been heavily reported that the Devils have lost faith in Blackwood and that both sides are open to moving on.

I wouldn't be surprised if this happened and I'm open to it. Blackwood is coming off a rough year but his first couple years were very solid.

Blackwood would e going to a much better team with a top medical staff and there he would have a good chance to bounce back.

What does New Jersey get out of this?

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
It's not a good market for goalies this year, so Dubas has to make the best out of a crappy situation.

Blackwood is low risk high reward type guy. I'd say go for it. If he sucks well whatever....but if he comes back to form, well leafs just filled their biggest hole without giving up any assets or blowing the bank. Huge W for leafs if blackwood bounces back.

Not sure the other guys like Husso or even a 6.5M Gibson is the answer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad