Confirmed with Link: MacDermid traded to NJ for a 7th and a prospect

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You said Wagner started the fight. I told you he didn’t … everything else your talking about has nothing to do with what I said
I said he went looking for a fight, not started a fight, which is absolutely true. If you want to argue semantics, make sure you at least get the semantics correct.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I said he went looking for a fight, not started a fight, which is absolutely true. If you want to argue semantics, make sure you at least get the semantics correct.
He didn’t go looking for a fight either… silly goose you’re still wrong

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Uh oh. The superior race has arrived, ya'll. He's wrong, but he's arrived!

I deserve a little hate for that but I thought it was funny.

But it doesn’t change the fact that you were wrong. Looking for a fight and not being scared to fight are two different things dude. Fact remains that you don’t understand Wagner didn’t start that fight. The fight started when ile boy asked him to drop em.

Edit Wagner wasn’t running around looking for a fight he’s an energy player finishing checks that’s his job

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The time to play him was against Seattle the game after they broke Cogliano’s neck. Instead the Avs chose to dress Brad Hunt at forward for the first time all season and gave him a 41 second shift. The fact that MacDermid wasn’t used then for retribution or to at least give the other team something to think about meant that his role was done. It started this fall when Bednar declared he’d never play D again. I’ve been saying it publicly for months that he had to go if the Avs were going to add at all at the deadline. That’s why they wouldn’t waive him either. They’ve been planning this a long time.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
And Bednar hates that. He has spoken before about needless fights. He hates them. No reason to give any potential momentum away.
The B-Hawks got a lot of momentum from Wagner's fight. :sarcasm:

The real fight that night was connorbedard fighting back his tears on the bench after Josh Manson welcomed him to the NHL.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
y'all are willing to die on the smallest hills

Since it is silly season, lets go crazy and talk Hischier for Rantanen. It's Jack's team anyway.

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
I know y'all love dunking on Dermy, but he was genuinely my favourite dude on this squad and it seems like everyone in the locker room felt the same way. I'm actually gonna miss this big f***ing lug. Also, it was amazing having the 2nd toughest player in the world on our team for a couple years. One of the only guys who was able to wipe Reaves's stupid f***ing smirk off his ugly face. What a moment that was. f***, I love Dermy.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I know y'all love dunking on Dermy, but he was genuinely my favourite dude on this squad and it seems like everyone in the locker room felt the same way. I'm actually gonna miss this big f***ing lug. Also, it was amazing having the 2nd toughest player in the world on our team for a couple years. One of the only guys who was able to wipe Reaves's stupid f***ing smirk off his ugly face. What a moment that was. f***, I love Dermy.

He would have been one of my favorites too if he didn't, you know, suck at hockey so much.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Dermy, and most enforcers, are beloved by their teams. I imagine part of it is the big-brother/protector aspect, but I genuinely believe these guys also tend to be just super positive people. I don't know if it's because they feel lucky to be in the league or if it has something to do with their personal philosophies based on fighting/warrior culture...but guys like MacDermid and Bordeleau are just absolutely loved by their team-mates. Even Koci seemed super chill. Altitude did one of those get to know the players thing with him and he had them do the interview at this big bookstore. Apparently, the dude loved to read and wanted that to be a big part of what he was about. Kurtis, bless his heart, shared that he wanted to be a tractor when he grew up. :laugh:

But yeah, I have a real soft spot for these guys. In fact, I love them and that is why I hope they are all unemployed soon. What we know today about concussions and CTE... look, I have no problems with boxing and MMA. I have mixed emotions about how much I enjoy watching them, but I don't have problems with it because that's they only thing these dudes sign up to do. Hockey is completely different in that it is a team sport. And, to be brutally honest, these are grown ass men who shouldn't have to have a big brother protect them. Stand up for your damn self.

I like to think that Kurtis was brought in to teach our team exactly how to do that. The Avs don't get pushed around the way they used to. Yes, we still have a problem with heavy or aggressive forechecking, but we are not getting abused physically the way we used to. We got folks like Manson taking swipes at Bedard. Damn... we've actually become the bullies.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
Dermy wasn't a great hockey player, by professional standards, but I liked him and he gave me good "Goons" movie vibes. Can't wait to see him take out Rempe.

Lucic changed him and it happens cause he wasn't as good a fighter as he thought he was.
Was there a fight I missed? I don't remember seeing Dermy in a fight that he lost, in-fact I think every fight I saw him in, he owned the other guy.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Was there a fight I missed? I don't remember seeing Dermy in a fight that he lost, in-fact I think every fight I saw him in, he owned the other guy.
He lost a fight last year against Lucic and was never the same after that:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Do not mess with Looch. That man is a roid raging megabeast. I've never seen a guy seemingly so impervious to physical harm. Too bad he's also a raging psychopath OFF the ice and that's ultimately cost him his career.
Tie Domi was the worst, top HW's at the time would punch him square in the face and he'd keep smiling. Both Domi and Looch look like resurrected cavemen.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Tie Domi was the worst, top HW's at the time would punch him square in the face and he'd keep smiling. Both Domi and Looch look like resurrected cavemen.
I just remember both Hamhuis and Subban lining him up for big hits and getting themselves SEVERELY injured in the process.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad