Confirmed with Link: MacDermid traded to NJ for a 7th and a prospect

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Do not mess with Looch. That man is a roid raging megabeast. I've never seen a guy seemingly so impervious to physical harm. Too bad he's also a raging psychopath OFF the ice and that's ultimately cost him his career.
Looch is one of the very few hockey fighters that actually seemed to understand how to fight. Brashear and Rypien are the only other ones I can think of that didn't seem clueless

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Lucic changed him and it happens cause he wasn't as good a fighter as he thought he was.

I still put MacDermid as the reigning champ. Especially with Lucic seemingly done. None of the enforcers are undefeated. He beat the other champs in Reeves and Deslauriers multiple times.

He lost one fight to Lucic and it was because he was way too aggressive and had no defense. Lucic also got KO'd by Dalton Prout and got cracked a bunch of times by Orr and hid behind the refs.

I agree, that KO took a lot out of Dermy though. Don't really like the idea of him getting in a bunch more heavyweight scraps at this point, but hopefully he's recovered well enough mentally to go to war again.

Nobody really wanted to fight him here, that's why he didn't fight much recnetly. Reeves and Deslauriers are in the east now

Lucic also said MacDermid was the toughest guy in the league, though he acknoledged he never fought Reeves. I wonder why?

“I would say MacDermid… being able to take a punch and give a punch… you know what I’m saying? He can take them, and he can also give them. Size, strength, yeah,” Lucic told Scott on the Dropping the Gloves podcast on Thursday. “I know a lot of people like to give it to [Ryan] Reeves, and the only reason I say MacDermid over Reeves is I’ve never fought Reeves.

“So that’s why I would say MacDermid.”

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It literally ruined his fighting career.

The Lucic fight happened in February 2023 and he fought once since (against Oleksiak 9 months later).

He's been wiling to fight more since then. Nobody wants to fight him, because all the legit heavyweights in his class are out east.

Remember Liam O'Biren turned him down earlier in the year? LOB can fight heavyweights, but not one like MacDermid. That's not a fair fight.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Dermy wasn't a great hockey player, by professional standards, but I liked him and he gave me good "Goons" movie vibes. Can't wait to see him take out Rempe.

Was there a fight I missed? I don't remember seeing Dermy in a fight that he lost, in-fact I think every fight I saw him in, he owned the other guy.
you missed Lucic

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
I did miss him losing that fight.

Maybe I’m mixing up a fight Dermy had, but I thought there was another fight against Lucic that Dermy won pretty handily. Maybe I’m mixing Lucic up with a different heavy weight.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I did miss him losing that fight.

Maybe I’m mixing up a fight Dermy had, but I thought there was another fight against Lucic that Dermy won pretty handily. Maybe I’m mixing Lucic up with a different heavy weight.

I believe they've fought three times.

He lost the last fight with Lucic last year. A TKO of sorts that dropped him to his knees. Not a clean KO, but I think he had an "upper body" injury afterwards, so he probably had a concussion. Dermy was reckless with no defense and It was a good shot.

The other two fights were close. Lucic probably edged him out at the end of the first one, and Dermy probably edged him out at the end of the second, if you give the advantage of a strong finish when Lucic got gassed and wanted to quit, over a good early shot from Lucic.

He's beaten Deslauriers pretty handidly 2 or 3 times, you may be thinking of that.

Reactions: Richard Doll

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
What is the plan with him? One season in AHL?
We don't even know if he's going to come over, but I'd doubt he'd spend a full year in the AHL. More likely a guy to have a Euro Assignment clause and compete in camp. Maybe he spends a few months in the AHL, but if there isn't a spot then, likely back to Russia. I like him as a crash and bang guy... think he would end up an option for the 4th line over the course of the year. So hope the Avs find a way to bring him over whether that is this year or next.

• Wow
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If anything, he seemed to incite Rempe into doing more dumb things.
And ultimately, I think that's what a goon does. He makes things MORE dangerous, not less.

At least the Avs got it right IMO when it comes to toughness. Went out and got two big bodies in Trenin and Duhaime, two guys who can skate, win their fair share of puck battles, and put in the occasional goal.

I have no issue with toughness, I just want it within the context of the game. Supposed "toughness" between the whistles is f***ing useless.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Fighting/goons as a deterrent isn't, and never was a thing despite how many people fall for the idea, even including professional hockey writers, former players and whatnot. Time and time again, it's obvious that the biggest dirt bags don't give a crap. Most of the time, they are tough guys themselves.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
In short: One more year in the KHL, team uncertain, then comes over the pond for 25 - 26. Right around the time we'll need cheap depth after backing the Brinks truck up to Moose's front door.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Fighting/goons as a deterrent isn't, and never was a thing despite how many people fall for the idea, even including professional hockey writers, former players and whatnot. Time and time again, it's obvious that the biggest dirt bags don't give a crap. Most of the time, they are tough guys themselves.
Yep. Tom Wilson is one of the scummiest hitters in the league, but he also doesn't fear on-ice consequences one bit, because he also happens to be one of the most dangerous fighters in the league, too. That's why "frontier justice" from other goons is so pointless, and why the DOPS has got to step in and drop the hammer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad