Maata face slash on Lindblom

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
Yeah Oli Maatta slashed someones face without looking for no reason in a blow out game. Makes more sense than him just missing on a stick lift. Would would even try to lift a stick anyway, nobody does that in Hockey anymore. We never saw someone high sticking another player after missing on a stick lift ever before. I apologize for my lack of knowledge, I'm a Pens homer after all, right?

First of all, maybe it has nothing to do with the fact that he's a Penguin, so you might as well jump off that ship.

And where did I say he did it intentionally? The point is that guys have been fined and suspended for errant stickwork that produced accidental injuries, and Maatta absolutely clocked Lindblom. Either it's an offense worth disciplinary action or it isn't, but I just showed three examples that prove it is.

I mean, NHL Wheel Of Justice™ and whatever.

It's like you're watching a different sport than everyone else.

k

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
First of all, maybe it has nothing to do with the fact that he's a Penguin, so you might as well jump off that ship.

And where did I say he did it intentionally? The point is that guys have been fined and suspended for errant stickwork that produced accidental injuries, and Maatta absolutely clocked Lindblom. Either it's an offense worth disciplinary action or it isn't, but I just showed three examples that prove it is.

I mean, NHL Wheel Of Justice™ and whatever.

The examples you have showed are not similar to the Maatta incident though. Kassian had his stick swinging around recklessly and so did Stastny. Tell me a hockey play where you have to swing your stick around, there is non. There are many examples of players doing the same thing Maatta did though (and also many examples where players missed out on a stick lift and high sticked their opponent), so it's a hockey typical move Maatta makes. It's not a reckless swinging around with his stick like the Kassian one, everyone knows what he wanted to do. Yes he missed on it and thats his mistake and he should have sit for 4 minutes, however it is not the reckless behaviour that would warrant a fine and/or suspension.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00