Maata face slash on Lindblom

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
So, you're in your 60s and you're arguing on a sports messageboard on the internet? Man, now I feel really depressed about what's going to happen after I retire in 30 years.

This dumb earth.
Why would you even make a comment like this...? Somehow you arguing on a sports messageboard is better than this guy because of his age? Ridiculous comment.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
50 years of broad street bullies mind set and yep Maatta is a dirty hack who is out to hurt players. Really? Flyers have been the poster boys for so much crap and wonder why they they struggle to win cups. Maybe teams that actually play hockey win cups.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
50 years of broad street bullies mind set and yep Maatta is a dirty hack who is out to hurt players. Really? Flyers have been the poster boys for so much crap and wonder why they they struggle to win cups. Maybe teams that actually play hockey win cups.
Olli Maatta of all people. lol.

olli-maatta-parade.jpg

Is this really the face of a guy who would purposely slash an opponent in the face? He looks like a 12-year old for god's sake! lol

Reactions: Bar Down

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This resembles pretty much 80% of the high-sticking penalties that occur in the NHL: player tries to lift stick, misses, hits face.

Flyers commentators apparently aren't emotionally prepared for the playoffs. They need to regroup for Game 2.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
If by "discipline", you mean a 4 minute minor then I agree since that's literally the rules.

If you think he should be suspended then go watch a different sport

Players have been fined for exactly this kind of infraction.

But I guess if I want consistency, yeah I will watch a different sport.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
What? You really need to go through your own posting history and see what sort of anti-Pittsburgh/Crosby hate homer views you have. The refs blew it and missed the call, nothing more than that. Happens every game.

First of all, why would I have anything against Mattaa of all people?

Second of all, I don't know what kind of sketch-ass beer leagues you play in, but that does NOT happen every game.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Let's pretend the first sentence is true.

Re: second sentence. You think that will help...? The grass is always greener. That's one constant on this board.

EDIT: this was regarding the previous post. Not this most recent scramble to defend a largely indefensible position.

phildeez

Apr 12, 2018
He may look like Brienne of Tarth, but he's no bad ass. He's softer than Kate Upton's ta-ta's.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Don’t listen to Clement, he’s horrible. Pretty clear he was just making a play, I think trying to lift Lindbloms stick. Clement called Lehtera an all-star and defends MacDonald like a son. He very honestly has no idea what he is talking about.

Reactions: CowboyDan

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
First of all, why would I have anything against Mattaa of all people?

Second of all, I don't know what kind of sketch-ass beer leagues you play in, but that does NOT happen every game.

Missed calls happen every game in the NHL. Not sure why you are talking about beer leagues.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Now picture Marchand doing this...

Well. It's Marchand. He would probably be doing it on purpose and would deserve critism. Until Maatta Knees someone in the head on purpose like Marchand did to Guentzel, I'll say the two arn't comparable...

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Oh yeah. "Intent to make a hockey play" is a real courtroom bombshell.

Yeah Oli Maatta slashed someones face without looking for no reason in a blow out game. Makes more sense than him just missing on a stick lift. Would would even try to lift a stick anyway, nobody does that in Hockey anymore. We never saw someone high sticking another player after missing on a stick lift ever before. I apologize for my lack of knowledge, I'm a Pens homer after all, right?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
lol at Mattaa doing anything dirty, give your head a shake...

did the flyer announcers say anything anout the dirty headshot by Manning or a slewfoot on Zach Ashton Reese...

The same Olli Maatta who took out his own goalie with a slapshot to the head in practice? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00