Series Discussion: (M1) Washington Capitals vs (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes, Category 1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
The main question I have is can they flick the switch and be ready to go at our best come game 1. Hopefully we aren’t slow to get our best game going.

Getting on top of a team like this early is key. Probably more so than any other team in the east along with Isles.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Hockey Gods have already given us the perfect draw: we get the Canes, Tampa will have their hands full with the Jackets, ditto Pittsburgh with Trotz and the Isles.

I think one of the regular Hockey Gods must have died last year, and was replaced by a more liberal, progressive Caps fan :)

Yet, you voted for the Canes to win in 5. :confused:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Kuznetsov is the key to it all.

Holtby for me. He will need to Holdts down the fort early in more games than not, which then lets Kuzy and Krew dew their thing.

That Saturday afternoon start sucks ass and kills part of our home ice advantage. The fans will be dangerously sober and so the energy will lack, at least compared to a proper Saturday night main event. The NHL does not know how to market itself.

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA
The main question I have is can they flick the switch and be ready to go at our best come game 1. Hopefully we aren’t slow to get our best game going.

Getting on top of a team like this early is key. Probably more so than any other team in the east along with Isles.

That's the question. They saw last year what it takes. If we want to believe they were coasting to get to this point, well.................this is the point. It's time for 100% commitment. You can't count on a bounce off Eller in OT when you're down 0-2 this time. Get on top, and stay on top.

It was good to see Willy stepping up the hitting over the last few game after doing none of that since returning. Time for everyone to step up the intensity (yes, you, #92).

It takes 16 wins. No reason to waste any games. I've been a fan since year 1.......so, yes, I'm greedy at this point. Get another one. No one is getting any younger (OV, Backstrom, Orpik, Carlson, Oshie, Holtby........or me). I would love to see them come out strong in game 1 and send a message.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Holtby for me. He will need to Holdts down the fort early in more games than not, which then lets Kuzy and Krew dew their thing.

That Saturday afternoon start sucks ass and kills part of our home ice advantage. The fans will be dangerously sober and so the energy will lack, at least compared to a proper Saturday night main event. The NHL does not know how to market itself.

Holtby can’t be average. We could probably survive average Kuzy.

To repeat Holtby has to be at his best IMO.

Reactions: RandyHolt

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Having spent the last hour on the main boards, reading the thread for our series and also the Lightning vs Blue Jackets, I now remember why I rarely venture to the main boards.
There are so many trolls, so many assholes simply looking to pick a fight or have an argument, that it's completely pointless. For every comment that involves somebody who seems to know the sport and has
something insightful or interesting to say, there are 20 comments of people just bitching with each other and trading insults.

Complete waste of time. And it's not even old fashioned banter or trash talk. It's just nasty shit designed to piss people off.

Reactions: txpd

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Caps in 6 because
1 - Refs managing games
2 - Our special teams are awful
3 - OV, Wilson, and Kuzy dominate

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
But but, Nisky and Orlov both suck and need to be traded three months ago. /S

Well, you know. Averages. Niskanen admitted last week that both he and Orlov were flat. He said he didn't think it would take them 60 games to find their legs.
They have looked like themselves to me of late. Holtby has been locked in. Honestly, they are suffocating everybody. I see no reason to be pessimistic. I think they will bring their A game

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Nah....the special teams are not awful. The pk hasn't been awful since Hagelin arrived save for one game. The power play wasn't trying.

yeah, the PK has been ok, but the PP has looked pretty bad to me. I would think they would be trying with Ovie trying to win the RR?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The main question I have is can they flick the switch.

Switch was flipped at the trade deadline. The record and numbers indicate that. They didn't run at 100% but the last two TB games showed the effort and commitment. 60 shots on goal in one game and Orpik fighting in the second game. The two Canes games showed they were on their game systematically. They strangled the Canes back to back games. Not worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad