Series Discussion: (M1) Washington Capitals vs (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes, Category 1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
No dis to the Canes at all, and heck the Caps may lose, but this is a good matchup for the simple fact that the Canes are probably the least physical team in the playoffs.

That can NEVER be a bad thing.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
No dis to the Canes at all, and heck the Caps may lose, but this is a good matchup for the simple fact that the Canes are probably the least physical team in the playoffs.

They also have the least proven goaltending in the playoffs

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
They are a good team

But we are so far ahead of them when it comes to talent, team play, speed, system, etc

If they played anyone but Tampa, they would of had a shot IMO

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I’ll be shocked if it’s less than 6 games in either direction. I picked Caps in 7.

Sword

May 26, 2014
I voted Caps in 6. Caps will find a way to make it harder than it should. I wouldn't be surprised if Mrazek steals a game or two.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006

Unless we need someone to jolt us out of lethargic play. Someone to poke the sleeping bear. How hard will we hit someone that won't hit us. They do have Ferland.

I wonder how much better their team would be if they weren't still paying Semin.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
giphy.gif

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Tripp Tracy. I understand who is audience is but he just suggested that Mrazek was going to outplay Holtby. He said they are a better 5 on 5 team. Said Ferland and company could out Tom Wilson Tom Wilson.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Tripp Tracy. I understand who is audience is but he just suggested that Mrazek was going to outplay Holtby. He said they are a better 5 on 5 team. Said Ferland and company could out Tom Wilson Tom Wilson.

I was listening to that and almost spit out my drink, especially the bolded.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
I will be traveling to Raleigh in all likelihood to cheer the boys on--if anyone else is going, would love to grab a beer. I hate to be the fan that's around just during the playoffs, but my job was surprisingly difficult this year, but I digress.

I can't wait for the playoffs to start. I think we will probably win in 5. Hopefully Barry and company can give the Pens a run for their money just for the sake of it. I'll always hate Pitt.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Hockey Gods have already given us the perfect draw: we get the Canes, Tampa will have their hands full with the Jackets, ditto Pittsburgh with Trotz and the Isles.

I think one of the regular Hockey Gods must have died last year, and was replaced by a more liberal, progressive Caps fan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad