Value of: M.Joseph (2.950 x 3yrs) and a pick/prospect for future considerations

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Obviously looking to pay as little as possible. What's the lowest price you think a team would be willing to accept to take on Joseph? He's what I'd consider to be a solid 4th liner who is considerably overpaid, and can play 3rd line in a pinch.

Somewhat notable trade assets:
2024 2nd
2025 2nd
LW - Alex Formenton (MIA RFA)
D - Filip Nordberg (64th in 2022)
RW- Tyler Boucher (10th in 2021)
C - Zack Ostapchuk (39th in 2021)
D - Benjamin Roger (49th in 2021)
LW - Roby Jarventie (33rd in 2020)
G - Leevi Merilainen (71st in 2020)
D - Lassi Thomson (19th in 2019)

Not interested in trading:
1st Rounders
R.Greig
E.Sokolov
M.Sogaard
T.Kleven
Any other roster player
Ben Roger is not Ottawa asset any more.
Moving Ostapchuk to clear a little Cap seems moronic to me, but sure would get buyers’ attention

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
(...)

(...)

(...)
1689001080883.png

• Haha
Reactions: KevinRedkey

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
But Goodrow is also a better all around player than Joseph. At least Goodrow is efficient in his own zone.
Goodraw has a similar PPG despite playing having more ice time and the fact that he's often playing with someone like a Panarin. Ottawa's bottom 6 is non-existent and does not have any scoring ability whatsoever and Joseph still has similar scoring rates and is a good PKer as well. Don't think this is the mismatch that you might think this is.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Ben Roger is not Ottawa asset any more.
Moving Ostapchuk to clear a little Cap seems moronic to me, but sure would get buyers’ attention

Moving a positive asset just for cap space always seems morinic until you consider what that cap space allows for.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Moving a positive asset just for cap space always seems morinic until you consider what that cap space allows for.
understand the concept,
i think this player is too high a price to pay, unless desperate
been a leader and contributor, in WHL and at WJC, both seasons since drafted
a top 40 pick who has only impressed

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
Obviously looking to pay as little as possible. What's the lowest price you think a team would be willing to accept to take on Joseph? He's what I'd consider to be a solid 4th liner who is considerably overpaid, and can play 3rd line in a pinch.

2024 2nd
2025 2nd
D - Filip Nordberg (64th in 2022)
RW- Tyler Boucher (10th in 2021)
C - Zack Ostapchuk (39th in 2021)
D - Benjamin Roger (49th in 2021)
LW - Roby Jarventie (33rd in 2020)
G - Leevi Merilainen (71st in 2020)
D - Lassi Thomson (19th in 2019)

Not interested in trading:
1st Rounders
R.Greig
E.Sokolov
M.Sogaard
T.Kleven
Any other roster player
Ottawa fan here and I don't think we should panic about Joseph and give up too much to move him. If we could do it for Nordberg OR Thomson OR a second rounder I would say it's a good deal but only if we really need that space now to sign someone who will make a difference.

I think some fans seem too stressed about acquiring new roster players.

How about giving the players we have a chance to have a new season, to bounce back or develop. We can't just asume that all players will be exactly like last season.

I would like to see Greig, maybe Sokolov, Joseph, Crookshank and/or others get a chance to evolve/bounce back before signing some overpaid UFA cause we don't believe in the team as it is!

And to everyone who is rooting for a team with space to take him on and not being contenders anyway. Passing on the chance to get a second + Merilainen together with Joseph could taste really sour in hindsight one day...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad