Injury Report: M*A*S*H* 4077th Is Calling - Triage Has Been Overrun.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Gormley never had wheels and when he had knee surgery, he basically lost what little speed he had and fell below the NHL level line w/regards to being able to play adequate defense. Capobianco has good wheels, and is extremely mobile, hopefully this doesn't take too much out of him. I'm thinking he will be fine, much like Chychrun is fine after his surgeries.
I didn't mean to imply he had wheels, just that Gormley actually looked pretty good initially but was never the same after the injury.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I didn't mean to imply he had wheels, just that Gormley actually looked pretty good initially but was never the same after the injury.
I thought Gormley was terrible from first training camp.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think Archibald can play center so maybe slide him over and play Bunting at wing.

Gotta think Ullstrom or Merkley gets the next look. Maybe Pedersen.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Was very nice to get the intermission report about Richardsson, Grabner, Dvorak... to get them back would be huge.

Or, in Dvoraks case, actually getting him this season. Huge.

Reactions: kbay

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
What did they say during intermission? I was running around the concourse with my daughter during every single one.

Hard to say how the lineup unfolds

Keller - Dvorak - Galchenyuk
Panik - Stepan - Garland
Grabner - Richardson - Vinnie
Crouse - Cousins - Fischer

?

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
What did they say during intermission? I was running around the concourse with my daughter during every single one.

Hard to say how the lineup unfolds

Keller - Dvorak - Galchenyuk
Panik - Stepan - Garland
Grabner - Richardson - Vinnie
Crouse - Cousins - Fischer

?

They didn't say when. But just showed them skating around with pucks and red jerseys in practice. Talked about how good it would be to get some back, and it felt like they was told it was closer now, really.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Chayka now:
It's been a bit of awkward optics for the Coyotes after they traded away a pair of first-round picks who are thriving with their new teams: Max Domileads the Montreal Canadiens in scoring, and Dylan Strome is nearly a point-per-game player in his 45 games with the Chicago Blackhawks. Did the Coyotes give up too soon?

"The term 'give up'? That's not how I would term it," Chayka says.

Chayka immediately post-trade:
“For us, there’s a key difference between patience and hope,” Chayka said Monday in explaining why he traded Perlini and Strome to the Blackhawks for Schmaltz. “I don’t think hope is a good long-term strategy. I thought we showed the requisite patience for these guys in terms of their development.
“You go through the checklist as an organization, make sure you provide a player with all the tools and support in helping them through their development path, but at the same time they have to show progress along that path, eventually become the players you would’ve hoped they were when you drafted them. In this scenario, with these circumstances and this situation, we felt that we were being more hopeful than anything.”

Reactions: lanky

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
awkward optics? What bs! Oh, how horrible, Chayka sucks (is inexperienced, makes stupid moves, etc) :sarcasm:

Strome and Domi had pretty much plateaued here. They weren't advancing or improving. The opportunity to acquire "effective" players came along and Chayka took the deal. I doubt Strome, Perlini, or Domi would have even come close to how they've done with other teams if they had stayed here; in fact, we would probably be out of the playoff picture as well. The problem is, we don't have any "super skilled" players to team them up with. Now, with this in mind, if we could have kept Strome and Perlini but acquired Debrincat, would they have improved? Perhaps, but from what I saw in games (early in the season), Strome had given up (and rightfully so--to an extent), Perlini was indifferent, and Domi seemed to be just going through the motions (in hopes of getting a "change in scenery"). Obviously, I could be wrong, but trades are trades and stuff happens; also, in my mind, comparing players after trades over time seems like a useless endeavor on the most part (unless-on an equal trade where both players are around the same age/skill-one player becomes a 100 point per season player and the other is playing in Europe after three or four seasons).

As much as I've relied on stats in the past for discussions (on this board and elsewhere), I have finally realized that stats in a vacuum are largely useless.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'd just love to hear him say something like, "Yeah, we got a hell of a player back-- a guy I really wanted. But yes, it is concerning to me that these guys are immediately blossoming elsewhere when organizationally we felt like we'd done everything we could to get them going and couldn't. That's obviously concerning, and we're examining some of our assumptions and the way we do things to make sure we're putting everyone in a position to succeed -- for their sakes, and obviously ours."

Anything other than whitewashing the whole situation and still pretending we're the smartest GM/organization in the history of the NHL, which we clearly have no basis to believe. He's an arrogant schmuck.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
He can sit out the rest of the year. I don’t see a game on our schedule he can play in unless we get eliminated before the last few games of the season.

If we make it, it’s Darcy’s net unless he has two stinkers in a row

Yep.

I'd sure as hell roll the dice on a rusty Raanta as the backup over Pickard though. It's good added security if nothing else.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->