News Article: Lyndon Slewidge

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
And to think that Skube has better sources/more access to sources than Garrioch (who wrote the original article) is hard to believe.

Skube said on 1200 they went to LS house to interview him. That's where the info came from.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
i PVR all my games so i just always fast forward the anthems

hes the best anthem signer in the league after chicag but the only time ill listen to athems is in the playoffs because the energy is electric, so meh dont really care for this much

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Par for the course around HFBoards, though.

Completely unrelated but:

Fun Sens Fact: We are obligated to protect Bobby Ryan and Dion Phaneuf in the upcoming Las Vegas Expansion Draft, as the NHL has mandated that teams must protect all players with a No-Move clause in their contracts. Both Ryan and Phaneuf have No-Move clauses in their contracts, therefore we must protect them. We don't have a choice.

Can a player waive their No-Move to be purposely left unprotected? Or conversely, could a team ask a player to waive their No-Move for the purposes of the expansion draft?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Can a player waive their No-Move to be purposely left unprotected? Or conversely, could a team ask a player to waive their No-Move?

In theory, yes, I would assume so... but we're kind of in uncharted waters here as far as NMCs and expansion drafts are concerned, so I wouldn't be surprised by anything at this point, I suppose.

What I imagine will actually happen if any team attempts this/ asks for this is that Donald Fehr will try to strong-arm everyone in the NHLPA into joining together and refusing to waive their NMCs en masse, regardless of player/team/context, in order to set a precedent and stick it to the league. They'll see it as a battle that they have to "win", and make it as hard on the league as possible and then use it as a concession during the next CBA negotiations in order to trade it off for something they actually want from the league. Because that's just about the Donald Fehr-iest thing I can imagine Donald Fehr doing. That's just a total long shot guess on my part, though - I just really dislike Don Fehr.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Can a player waive their No-Move to be purposely left unprotected? Or conversely, could a team ask a player to waive their No-Move for the purposes of the expansion draft?

Apparently, from my understanding, the NMC wording is not all consistent and the league has reviewed all of these and submitted a list of their findings to the NHLPA. I understand there could be some NMCs that will not have to be protected .. TBD.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
In theory, yes, I would assume so... but we're kind of in uncharted waters here as far as NMCs and expansion drafts are concerned, so I wouldn't be surprised by anything at this point, I suppose.

What I imagine will actually happen if any team attempts this/ asks for this is that Donald Fehr will try to strong-arm everyone in the NHLPA into joining together and refusing to waive their NMCs en masse, regardless of player/team/context, in order to set a precedent and stick it to the league. They'll see it as a battle that they have to "win", and make it as hard on the league as possible and then use it as a concession during the next CBA negotiations in order to trade it off for something they actually want from the league. Because that's just about the Donald Fehr-iest thing I can imagine Donald Fehr doing. That's just a total long shot guess on my part, though - I just really dislike Don Fehr.

Ha, I wonder if any player that has to submit a yearly list of teams that they could be dealt to would try to add Las Vegas. In that case, the NMC wouldn't apply. Maybe?

And Slewidge and the Sens need to quickly and quietly agree to some select games for him to sing the anthem so that this whole tempest in a teapot goes away.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
6 pages and as is so often the case, it is hard to know what to believe from what i have read. Is the Slew holding out for a better contract. Are the Sens being unfair? My internet outrage doesnt know which way to focus yet.

On the one hand many are sick of the same old game day presentation, and on the other, there is anger over losing this game day tradition. I guess its a tough balance to achieve.

Players that hold out can only hope for as much support as an anthem singer that does i'd bet.

Hopefully they work it out. I'd like to see the Slew back for some games and other people singing other games. Probably bringing in different local anthem singers sells new tickets sometimes too.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
6 pages and as is so often the case, it is hard to know what to believe from what i have read. Is the Slew holding out for a better contract. Are the Sens being unfair? My internet outrage doesnt know which way to focus yet.

On the one hand many are sick of the same old game day presentation, and on the other, there is anger over losing this game day tradition. I guess its a tough balance to achieve.

Players that hold out can only hope for as much support as an anthem singer that does i'd bet.

Hopefully they work it out. I'd like to see the Slew back for some games and other people singing other games. Probably bringing in different local anthem singers sells new tickets sometimes too.

They are going to bring him back for game #1 of the playoffs and everyone in Ottawa will be happy.

That would be the brilliant marketing thing to do, so on 2nd thought, they'll bring him back for Ottawas last home game to make peace with the fans - and then Euguene Melnyk will come to town and insult him, that's sounds more probable then the brilliant marketing idea.

But this is about perception more then anything and the Senators are losing badly. ottawa is perceived to be cheap, seems like they don't listen to their fans, seem like they aren't upfront with people - all seem to be playing out here in perception land.

But Ottawas media as well is terrible, this is a BS story, same as when the Minny coach was in town - the Ottawa sun reporters seem to know how to stir the pot and make the franchise look cheap and unfocused on things that have ZERO impact on anything and really have nothing to do with the team.

They've spend more time writing about Lyndon Slwedige then they have doing a post-analysis on Murrays 10 years of whatever the hell that was

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
They've spend more time writing about Lyndon Slwedige then they have doing a post-analysis on Murrays 10 years of whatever the hell that was

Ottawa media would never go after Murray or for that matter any of Sens management. They have no problem at all going after the coaches tho. You see it all the time. Prime example Dean Brown on Toronto radio railing on Paul MacLean...yet never heard him once rail on management. It's all Paul MacLean fault eh Deano!

It's like they stay away at all cost from any criticism directed Mgmt way. They can never be at fault or held accountable. Somehow it's always the coaches or players fault. Never the suits assembling the collection of players. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
So if and when LS is hired by the Leafs...

...paved paradise and put up a parking lot. FFS

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Using that infamous Gretzky line, Melnyk has made the Sens a "Mickey Mouse" franchise.

From using that idiotic spartan person, to loudly declaring he's going to do an "investigation" when Karlsson had his Achilles injury to pushing out the only traditional thing we have going at home games, this guy is a joke of an owner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad