GDT: LXVIII | "Win in 'Peg" | Oilers vs. Jets | 3.6.16 | 5:00 PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
The thing about Eberle with McDavid, is there's little to no creativity in his game anymore. It's just, "how fast can I get this puck to McDavid."

I understand it's important when you're a guy like Eberle, with his shot, to just give and go and get open, but I miss the old Eberle. The one who used to duck his shoulder, try to drive in, stick handle in the zone and create plays. That's why I always liked him with Pouliot and RNH. RNH would create, but would be defensively sound and Pouliot could come back and support either way, making Eberle the creative on on the line.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Hall is the only Oiler not afraid to go into Buffs corner, as much as I harp on his IQ I give him huge props for that. McDavid is playing a bit scared tonight IMO.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I wasn't sure about Talbot this season for a while but wow he's calmed his game down and has looked solid. Really awesome to see!

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Ebs vs Yak is a funny subject considering neither of them should be on this team next year. Both have been brutal at making the this team harder to play against. One seems to have the IQ but no effort, the other is all effort but no IQ. Both can beat it IMO.

Agree!

McDeathbyCheerios*

Hall is the only Oiler not afraid to go into Buffs corner, as much as I harp on his IQ I give him huge props for that. McDavid is playing a bit scared tonight IMO.
Buff already laid a hit on McDavid late and to the head. I'm not surprised

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
The thing about Eberle with McDavid, is there's little to no creativity in his game anymore. It's just, "how fast can I get this puck to McDavid."

I understand it's important when you're a guy like Eberle, with his shot, to just give and go and get open, but I miss the old Eberle. The one who used to duck his shoulder, try to drive in, stick handle in the zone and create plays. That's why I always liked him with Pouliot and RNH. RNH would create, but would be defensively sound and Pouliot could come back and support either way, making Eberle the creative on on the line.

Creativity isn't the problem imo. The problem is that he just can't win puck battles. If its a 50/50 play, he maybe comes out with it 10% of the time.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Yakupov had what? 4 grade A chances in the first two periods and sprung Mcdavid for a breakaway in the first. Yes, he has been terrible all along I forgot. Coaching? You mean the same group who let Brossoit get lit up last game? the same group that called up Nikitin and plugged into last games line up? The same group that consistently played Schultz 20+ minutes a game? Nah

I forgot you know better right? I love fans like you that pretend you have all the answers but in reality don't know your *** from a hole in the ground.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

I'd say it's playing smart. You don't beat Buff by going straight at him. You beat him with quick movements. Like they have on both goals tonight.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta

can you blame him ? He's coming off a major injury and wants to finish healthy so he can work his upper body in the offseason to get stronger (face-offs and battling for he puck)

McDeathbyCheerios*

Cambot is the only reason we aren't losing bad right now. It's been almost all Winnipeg for the last 20-25 minutes

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Creativity isn't the problem imo. The problem is that he just can't win puck battles. If its a 50/50 play, he maybe comes out with it 10% of the time.

That's always been an issue though. One any line, at anytime in his career.

I was just being specific about him losing a lot of his creative ability while playing with McDavid.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Refs ever gonna call interference on the WPG dman that just rubs out Hall near the boards nowhere near the puck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad