LW Zachary L'Heureux - Moncton Wildcats, QMJHL (2021, 27th, NSH)

Mar 12, 2009
Why not? People should be held accountable for their actions. Some fans are terrible.
If you have to ask why players can't attack fans, you probably aren't equipped to understand any answer you get. I swear some of you have some kind of pathology where you see someone being criticized or having done something bad on the internet and you instinctually feel the knee jerk reaction to defend it at all cost, no matter how bad or stupid it is.

Last edited:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
If you have to ask why players can't attack fans, you probably aren't equipped to understand any answer you get. I swear some of you have some kind of pathology where you see someone being criticized or having done something bad on the internet and you instinctually feel the knee jerk reaction to defend it at all cost, no matter how bad or stupid it is.
Probably extends past the internet.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Because that’s assault lol. Go hit a guy on the street with a stick and see how well “yeah but officer, he called me a name” works for you.
I hear from people who were in attendance that said fan spit on him before he hit them with his stick
If this is the case, the assault would be placed on the fan not hereaux.

if the fan did spit on him, the reaction is understandable to say the least.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov
Mar 12, 2009
If this is the case, the assault would be placed on the fan not hereaux.

if the fan did spit on him, the reaction is understandable to say the least.
Not really. If someone spits on you/at you, and your response is disproportionate, you aren't getting off scott free. You would be right if he didn't respond with a higher degree of assault (getting spit at/on isn't as bad as getting speared with a hockey stick). You might get a lighter punishment than if it were not provoked though

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Not really. If someone spits on you/at you, and your response is disproportionate, you aren't getting off scott free. You would be right if he didn't respond with a higher degree of assault (getting spit at/on isn't as bad as getting speared with a hockey stick). You might get a lighter punishment than if it were not provoked though
I don’t know how laws work in Quebec so I can’t comment further.

Nonetheless. the reaction is without a doubt understandable if the fan spit on him and I would ban that fan from that arena for life.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
They both will find themselves in trouble if the fan actually spit on him.

If that really happened, it's pretty easy to justify why he went after the fan. That's the ultimate form of disrespect.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Has anyone posted a summary / breakdown of the dates and descriptions of all his suspensions?
  • November 6, 2020 – unsportsmanlike conduct and taking off helmet during a fight (4-game suspension)
  • February 5, 2021 – high sticking and accumulation of codes (4th infraction) (3-game suspension)
  • April 4, 2021 – unsportsmanlike conduct (2-game suspension)
  • April 13, 2021 – fighting after the original altercation, accumulation of codes (4-game suspension)
  • November 12, 2021 – high sticking, repeat offender (4-game suspension)
  • December 18, 2021 – high sticking, repeat offender (6-game suspension)
  • March 10, 2022 – aggressor (1-game suspension)
  • January 8, 2023 – staged fight, unsportsmanlike conduct (3-game suspension)
  • February 10, 2023 – an incident with a fan – suspended indefinitely

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
It should be treated exactly the same. With covid and hiv it should be treated as assault with a deadly.

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
  • November 6, 2020 – unsportsmanlike conduct and taking off helmet during a fight (4-game suspension)
  • February 5, 2021 – high sticking and accumulation of codes (4th infraction) (3-game suspension)
  • April 4, 2021 – unsportsmanlike conduct (2-game suspension)
  • April 13, 2021 – fighting after the original altercation, accumulation of codes (4-game suspension)
  • November 12, 2021 – high sticking, repeat offender (4-game suspension)
  • December 18, 2021 – high sticking, repeat offender (6-game suspension)
  • March 10, 2022 – aggressor (1-game suspension)
  • January 8, 2023 – staged fight, unsportsmanlike conduct (3-game suspension)
  • February 10, 2023 – an incident with a fan – suspended indefinitely
Meh, not crazy suspensions TBH, the guy just seems pretty mean, pretty sure Keith Tkachuk would adopt him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad