LW Zachary L'Heureux - Moncton Wildcats, QMJHL (2021, 27th, NSH)

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
pretty disappointing to see his name pop up and find out it's not for doing something insane that got him a 10 game sussy

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
Love this guy. He's going to piss so many fans off if he makes it to the nhl.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
8gp 2g. 2a. 44pims so far in his rookie season in the AHL.

Whoever has watched him, how has he looked? Any chance he gets some time with the Preds this season?
He is too far down the depth chart for it to be at all likely he'd see NHL time this season. Something extremely unlikely would have to happen for that to occur.

Past that, though, it sounds like he is playing well, and that would be a reasonable carry-forward from a good rookie and regular camp for him. His penalties are mostly from some mouthy 10-min misconducts, not from just doing batshit crazy things. So far. If he can keep it up and then take another step in terms of holding his lip a bit more, he seems to have the requisite hockey-playing ability to eventually make the NHL. :dunno:

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
8gp 2g. 2a. 44pims so far in his rookie season in the AHL.

Whoever has watched him, how has he looked? Any chance he gets some time with the Preds this season?
No, we've got way too many forward prospects and no spaces available for him to have a chance this season. He's got really good offensive instincts but has a big mouth that gets him in trouble. Hopefully he turns into a mini Brad Marchand for us, but he has the work cut out for him still.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
What's up with his 65 penalty minutes?
He has 4 major penalties (5+10, 2+10, 2+5+10, 2+2+5)

Also, 17 points (6 goals) in 25 games
He's notorious for being one of the dirtiest and feistiest players of his caliber in recent memory.

This is a guy who was suspended in Jr for taking a swing at a fan in the stands. Nothing surprises me with him.

Absolutely a very talented and effective player though. Like a brad marchand type

Reactions: GordieHowYaDoin

dr1234

Sep 1, 2022
He's notorious for being one of the dirtiest and feistiest players of his caliber in recent memory.

This is a guy who was suspended in Jr for taking a swing at a fan in the stands. Nothing surprises me with him.

Absolutely a very talented and effective player though. Like a brad marchand type
Didn’t he also spit on a player (during the height of the pandemic)? Or was that someone else in the Q?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
There was an article I read a few weeks back where the coach of his AHL team said that L'Heureux is their most NHL ready prospect .... Ofcourse now I can't find that article for the life of me to post it here

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
The guy plays a hard nosed style with an edge to his game. Should be able to handle to rougher NHL better after years of taking and giving hits. His production is picking up and he is learning what kind of nonsense he can and cant get away with in the AHL. Still would like a little more discipline with minor penalties but he is doin great

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I wish you were right but I don't think you are. It says:
"ByEmma Lingan
@Emma_Lingan Senior Content Manager & Beat Reporter
July 21, 2023"

Plus the article doesn't mention anything about his season in the AHL so far this season and about Zach fighting for a spot on the Preds in camp.

I believe you are talking about the other article that a different poster posted on here. The one I posted and you replied to literally says Dec 20th and also has his stats in the article literally up to that date

The article you are talking about is from another poster on here. You replied to the wrong reply. The article that I put on here is the "new look similar results" but you are talking about the article "its time to move on..."

Anyways, seems like there is some confusion here so it's best we move on lol... It's gonna derail this thread hahah

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
7 goals, 20 points, 0.77 ppg, +4
82 penalty minutes

53 point & 205 penalty minute pace

if he does that, i don't think any rookie, first year, or any other
has done something quite like that

Reactions: Burkeocet