LW Zachary L'Heureux - Moncton Wildcats, QMJHL (2021, 27th, NSH)

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
so we're to believe the person spitting managed to aim perfectly between the glass right at the correct time?

that's one magic loogie
I've seen some truly magic loogies.

PleasingSimpleIbisbill-size_restricted.gif

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
  • November 6, 2020 – unsportsmanlike conduct and taking off helmet during a fight (4-game suspension)
  • February 5, 2021 – high sticking and accumulation of codes (4th infraction) (3-game suspension)
  • April 4, 2021 – unsportsmanlike conduct (2-game suspension)
  • April 13, 2021 – fighting after the original altercation, accumulation of codes (4-game suspension)
  • November 12, 2021 – high sticking, repeat offender (4-game suspension)
  • December 18, 2021 – high sticking, repeat offender (6-game suspension)
  • March 10, 2022 – aggressor (1-game suspension)
  • January 8, 2023 – staged fight, unsportsmanlike conduct (3-game suspension)
  • February 10, 2023 – an incident with a fan ***using his stick*** – suspended indefinitely
This guy should start playing with a pool noodle.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Saw this mentioned online a few places but it doesn't appear TSN or Sportsnet covered it at all. Kind of strange.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Saw this mentioned online a few places but it doesn't appear TSN or Sportsnet covered it at all. Kind of strange.
Probably don’t want to report that this family has been looking for their 15 minutes of fame for years and finally succeeded by getting L’heureux to react. There were articles on yahoo and cbc that covered it .Pretty easy to see these lousy folks seen a bullseye on L’heureux

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023
Probably don’t want to report that this family has been looking for their 15 minutes of fame for years and finally succeeded by getting L’heureux to react. There were articles on yahoo and cbc that covered it .Pretty easy to see these lousy folks seen a bullseye on L’heureux
Imagine seeing L'Heureux slash a fan and think he's the victim here...

Pretty surprised this is only 10 games given his history

cool beans

I didn't know
Jul 8, 2022
so we're to believe the person spitting managed to aim perfectly between the glass right at the correct time?

that's one magic loogie
The glass where the doors are there’s quite a size able gap where you could lean up to it and spit easily at someone. It’s extremely possible and likely given how he got knly 10 games for his response.

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023
If he ends up like a Marchand/M. Tkachuk type, it will be a massive win for Nashville. Even a Tom Wilson-lite.
I don't remember either of them being suspended even remotely as much in junior. Were they even suspended at all?

They were great at being pests and taking guys off their game and having players take penalties against then. L'Heureux is great at taking himself out of the game and putting his team down.

It could change, but this guy definitely needs to get some anger management and learn to channel that into something that helps his team

Mar 12, 2009
If he ends up like a Marchand/M. Tkachuk type, it will be a massive win for Nashville. Even a Tom Wilson-lite.
lol Tom Wilson lite...even though being a huge and strong as he is is half his thing, and this guy has none of the size to back up his anger management problems at the next level.

SimGrindcore

Mar 16, 2021
www.facebook.com
I don't remember either of them being suspended even remotely as much in junior. Were they even suspended at all?

They were great at being pests and taking guys off their game and having players take penalties against then. L'Heureux is great at taking himself out of the game and putting his team down.

It could change, but this guy definitely needs to get some anger management and learn to channel that into something that helps his team
  • November 6, 2020 – unsportsmanlike conduct and taking off helmet during a fight (4-game suspension)
  • February 5, 2021 – high sticking and accumulation of codes (4th infraction) (3-game suspension)
  • April 4, 2021 – unsportsmanlike conduct (2-game suspension)
  • April 13, 2021 – fighting after the original altercation, accumulation of codes (4-game suspension)
  • November 12, 2021 – high sticking, repeat offender (4-game suspension)
  • December 18, 2021 – high sticking, repeat offender (6-game suspension)
  • March 10, 2022 – aggressor (1-game suspension)
  • January 8, 2023 – staged fight, unsportsmanlike conduct (3-game suspension)
  • February 10, 2023 – an incident with a fan – suspended indefinitely
QMJHL rules changed since Marchand played, especially when it comes to fighting (taking off helmet, staging fight, etc.) So L'Heureux would had fewer suspensions.

Here's Marchand NHL suspension history

lol Tom Wilson lite...even though being a huge and strong as he is is half his thing, and this guy has none of the size to back up his anger management problems at the next level.
Okay Tom Wilson-featherlite.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I hear from people who were in attendance that said fan spit on him before he hit them with his stick

There were also stories from people supposedly there saying L'Heureux broke his stick on the glass and it accidently hit a fan. Like the spitting story, that's bullshit.

People are using these fake stories to make excuses for him.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

I mean he has his issues but Marchand would have had a lot more suspensions if he played in todays version of the Q. A number of L'Heureux's suspensions just wouldn't have been a thing back then. Not trying to excuse what he is doing...but Marchand was pretty unhinged in juniors as well.

Reactions: SimGrindcore

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Marchand ended his junior career suspended by his own team while they hosted the Memorial Cup. He's a good example for L'Heureux that you can turn it around and still have a successful pro career.

Reactions: SimGrindcore

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023
I mean he has his issues but Marchand would have had a lot more suspensions if he played in todays version of the Q. A number of L'Heureux's suspensions just wouldn't have been a thing back then. Not trying to excuse what he is doing...but Marchand was pretty unhinged in juniors as well.
Maybe I'm wrong since we're going back like 15 years but I don't remember Marchand fighting much back then?

You'd think L'Heureux would realize you can't keep getting doing this stuff, but I suppose some players just never learn. Hopefully he figures it out, he's been great for Halifax when he can reign in his emotions

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Its annoying to see a guy with this much skill and grit than can be so easily translated to being a good agitator, be so grossly selfish. As a teammate he has to be the absolute worst. And im not saying in the room. Guys probably love him but I have never seen a guy take this many stupid selfish penalties at the worst time in games, and being suspended for the absolute most ridiculous reasons. Being from Halifax I hope he can help them go on a playoff run but holy shit do I ever hate this guy.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010

I’ve met him at a bar and felt like his billed weight is greatly exaggerated. He is 5’10” 180lbs max.

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
Marchand ended his junior career suspended by his own team while they hosted the Memorial Cup. He's a good example for L'Heureux that you can turn it around and still have a successful pro career.

In fact, it's a lesson for kids everywhere. Be a complete asshole and succeed.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
8gp 2g. 2a. 44pims so far in his rookie season in the AHL.

Whoever has watched him, how has he looked? Any chance he gets some time with the Preds this season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad