LW Sebastian Aho (2015, 35th, CAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
That's somewhat unparalleled rise when you first replace one guy in the 3rd line and then replace other guy in the 1st line, in one game.

Not much room to move upwards anymore. "****, Barkov, move to the side, Aho takes the C. Oh, and, Mikko, give that C to Aho too."

vaiski

Dec 27, 2015
He didn't need an adjustment period at all. Looked like he belonged playing agaisnt top opposition. A real testament to his hockey iq. Really looking forward to what he can do this season and even in this tournament.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Aho has become one of my favorite prospects during the last year or so. It's a pleasure watching him play. He's gonna have a good year. I could see him getting something like ~47 points in his rookie year.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
2015 draft really has been kind to CAR...Hanifin was impressive in his first season as an 18yr old, Aho looks to be poised to claim an important slot in CAR's top 9 (if not top 6) this year and N Roy is progressing very nicely.

Really can't wait to see how Aho gels with E Lindholm and Terravainen...

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Aho had good calmness and his first period was really good. However, he kind of fell off and made several meh choices later on, along with a couple of cases of a puck lost too easily.

Still, he was better than Teräväinen and I'm sure he can build upon this.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
That's somewhat unparalleled rise when you first replace one guy in the 3rd line and then replace other guy in the 1st line, in one game.

Not much room to move upwards anymore. "****, Barkov, move to the side, Aho takes the C. Oh, and, Mikko, give that C to Aho too."

Aho has been doing that constantly for the past couple years. I am a very, very pleased Canes fan. He has the potential to be the 1st line Superstar the Canes desperately need.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Aho is amazing. If he lacks something it has to be size/physical game. No matter what level he plays in he succeeds immediately and gives you the impression of a player who doesn't make mistakes.

He's the real sleeper pick for the Calder.

I'd like to see Aho-Barkov-Laine again. I only saw maybe a shift or two from them but they had instant chemistry and they think the game same way.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
He doesn't take long to adapt to a new team, new linemates or new level of play. A testament to his hockey IQ.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Aho is amazing. If he lacks something it has to be size/physical game. No matter what level he plays in he succeeds immediately and gives you the impression of a player who doesn't make mistakes.

No mistakes in hockey, no mistakes in life. That's the spirit of the new age.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
This guy's unreal. I don't understand why he didn't go in the first round... it's crazy how someone can raise their stock so much within the span of a year.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
2015 draft really has been kind to CAR...Hanifin was impressive in his first season as an 18yr old, Aho looks to be poised to claim an important slot in CAR's top 9 (if not top 6) this year and N Roy is progressing very nicely.

Don't forget to add Saarela who was in that draft as well. Who we acquired in the E. Staal trade. We may of gotten 4 solid NHL players from that draft.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Don't forget to add Saarela who was in that draft as well. Who we acquired in the E. Staal trade. We may of gotten 4 solid NHL players from that draft.

Probably getting ahead of ourselves, but hey, that's what offseason optimism is all about! :laugh:

I remember the days when we'd be happy with getting 1 regular NHLr out of a draft. :cry:

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
He doesn't take long to adapt to a new team, new linemates or new level of play. A testament to his hockey IQ.

Really good post but you missed one main thing and it is size of the rink. This guy is called professor in finnish hockey scene and he has just turned 19 couple months ago. He could be 3rd best player on his draft year he is that good.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
This guy's unreal. I don't understand why he didn't go in the first round... it's crazy how someone can raise their stock so much within the span of a year.

This. I don't think people realize how good effort this is from kids like Aho and Laine. First games in NA rinks, right away absolute best rosters as opponents, and they do well at their age. Many kids would look like they were thrown to wolfs. Aho specially is mistake free.

Only reason he went 2nd round is that he is only 6'0 euro.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Aho and Barkov playing in the same line against NA U23. 2 players with elite hockey sense and really fast processors in their head. It's fun to see if they are able to play really fast game with their quick decisionmaking on the puck.

cotopaxi

Feb 2, 2015
If Aho gets it going quickly in Carolina I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the race for Calder trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad