LW/RW Fabian Lysell (2021, 21st, BOS)

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Prime Tyler Johnson would be a good comparison for him

If he was prime Tyler Johnson then you're talking about a top 5 pick. Prime Tyler Johnson was a 70 point guy.

Lysell looks like a discount version of Lucas Raymond to me. What Alex Nylander is to William Nylander. I'm pretty low on this kid and think that the small Russian wingers from this draft like Chibrakov and Kisakov are going to be better pros.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
If he was prime Tyler Johnson then you're talking about a top 5 pick. Prime Tyler Johnson was a 70 point guy.

Lysell looks like a discount version of Lucas Raymond to me. What Alex Nylander is to William Nylander. I'm pretty low on this kid and think that the small Russian wingers from this draft like Chibrakov and Kisakov are going to be better pros.

Alex and William Nylander played almost nothing alike though. Also, prime TJ was not a 70 point player; PEAK TJ was a 70 point player for a single year, stapled to Kucherov and Palat and playing on the PP next to those guys and Stamkos. He was a 50 point guy outside of that season even in his prime

Reactions: ponder and wetcoast

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Shocked if he goes top 10. Have heard perceived attitude issues and such. Not sure if I posted that on the Sens forum or in this thread though.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Shocked if he goes top 10. Have heard perceived attitude issues and such. Not sure if I posted that on the Sens forum or in this thread though.

Do we have anything substantive beyond the fact that he left Frolunda for a bigger opportunity at Lulea?

I don't see ambition as an attitude issue.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I didn't mention Lysell in that post.

Lysell is definitely fast. Chibrikov is the one who isn't fast. Smaller skaters almost always look fast, but for his size, Chibrikov's acceleration isn't that good.
You think chibrikov has a shot at the NHL even if he isn't good at accelerating? That could always be fixed down the road, especially for wingers. I know this is the Lysell thread though so it kinda feels wrong to question that here

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You think chibrikov has a shot at the NHL even if he isn't good at accelerating? That could always be fixed down the road, especially for wingers. I know this is the Lysell thread though so it kinda feels wrong to question that here

Absolutely he does, but I'm not sure this is the thread to expand on it and create a larger discussion about Chibrikov.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Absolutely he does, but I'm not sure this is the thread to expand on it and create a larger discussion about Chibrikov.
yeah my bad i knew that full on, but in regards to lysell, his speed is a good asset. has he had any special teams play on the power play/PK?

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I dont think he falls that far.

And Kalyiev also had work ethic issues. Not sure that applies here.
So what seems to be lysells issue then? I saw he went from frolunda to luela and lost point production. what was the case there?

Hollel

Jun 15, 2019
Watching this guy and I just can’t understand why he isn’t viewed in the top ‘consensus’ grouping of this draft. Just so explosive, and so much skill. Good learning experience in the SHL too. Different aspects to their games but reminds me a bit of Hoglander in his draft year. With Lysell there is a obviously a slighter build but much more explosive skating. Similarities being the smallish player, with excitable offensive traits that left questions on how it would translate. Will be excited to follow his progression.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
I dont think he falls that far.

And Kalyiev also had work ethic issues. Not sure that applies here.

Kid is alright, all that talk was BS.

I guess you have not followed his development on the Reign since his draft? Kali was the hardest working prospect on a team with Byfeild, Thomas and Turcotte. Praised by Wroblewski(coach) many times for this and his defensive work. He showed the biggest growth of all prospects.

Not to mention he led the AHL team in scoring. Also scored in his NHL debut.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

I guess you have not followed his development on the Reign since his draft? Kali was the hardest working prospect on a team with Byfeild, Thomas and Turcotte. Praised by Wroblewski(coach) many times for this and his defensive work. He showed the biggest growth of all prospects.

I was referring to pre draft.

Mats26

Sep 16, 2005
I was referring to pre draft.

Still haven't heard of one coach, teammate, you know, people who actually know what he is like on and off the ice say this about Kaliyev in pre draft.

Back to Lysell.
Lysell is a dynamic up tempo forward. Perfect for the "new" NHL. I would consider his "attitude" issues to be a non factor. Some team will get him outside the top 10 and be real happy with him. One of my top 3 favorite prospects in the first round.

Reactions: wetcoast

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Still haven't heard of one coach, teammate, you know, people who actually know what he is like on and off the ice say this about Kaliyev in pre draft. .

I'm always amazed that post draft that fans of teams who draft players ALWAYS have a rosy outlook or point of view on their own prospects .

But carry on. :)

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021

For someone who dealt with JHS, don't get too attached

Reactions: Mats26

Mats26

Sep 16, 2005
I'm always amazed that post draft that fans of teams who draft players ALWAYS have a rosy outlook or point of view on their own prospects .

But carry on. :)

I'll wait for one coach, teammate, that say anything about a kid trying to make the NHL that his work ethic wasn't there.

Feeling I'll wait for a while here. As always posters on this board are all experts..lol

Reactions: JungleBeat

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I'll wait for one coach, teammate, that say anything about a kid trying to make the NHL that his work ethic wasn't there.

Feeling I'll wait for a while here. As always posters on this board are all experts..lol
A forward with size and an incredible shot fell to the second round after scoring 50 goals in his draft year.
The buzz was that there were motivation issues. His stock has gone up, this is a good thing. People grow and mature, this is a good thing.

Instead of pretending he was always perfect, maybe be thrilled that you got him in the 2nd round and he seems to have figured things out.

Reactions: DJB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad