LW/RW Fabian Lysell (2021, 21st, BOS)

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
Willie Nylander as a comparable?

From what i've seen in SHL, Lysell is smaller, not quite as creative of a passer, but has a WAY stronger motor. Reminds me more of Julien-era Marchand, although he has a lot of work in the weight room to get to that point.

VIPettersson

Apr 9, 2018
From what I've seen I would compare Lysell to a better offence less physical Hoglander. A high motor, shifty, elusive undersized winger with great skating and great hands. Whats your opinion on my take?

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

VIPettersson

Apr 9, 2018
Lysell reminds me of Lysell, he play exactly like Lysell. Its almost scary. I belive he will be a very good Lysell like player in NHL.
Thanks for your amazing insight.... and great contribution to humankind you're one hell of a person.

Reactions: Larry44

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Thanks IRL if you got a better friend its imaginary.

Lysells style will be his own. Like p Forsberg or Datsyuk. Not something you compare with others.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014

Lysells style will be his own. Like p Forsberg or Datsyuk. Not something you compare with others.

That's funny because I think he's very similar to 2 other players who are rated lower in this draft, Isak Rosen and Mackie Samoskevich.

NHL comparable: Travis Konecny.

Reactions: ZEBROA

VIPettersson

Apr 9, 2018

I'm confused by your first sentence it doesn't even make sense? Why would I be friends with someone better than you? Thats a impossibility. I'm certain you're your parents dream child who is definitely a majoooor success a major stud who isn't a leafs fan at all. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: ZEBROA

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
From what I've seen I would compare Lysell to a better offence less physical Hoglander. A high motor, shifty, elusive undersized winger with great skating and great hands. Whats your opinion on my take?

I worry about his vision. European OTPs can struggle in the NHL. Very high skill, great skater, and gets his shot off regularly so that's always a good combo but you really need to use your linemates and defense effectively to be a quality NHL player. I am hesitant on Lysell's ability to do that.

I see him going top 15-20 but he's got quite a bit of growing to do.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, skates better, shoots better, handles puck better, but Chibrikov somehow plays better...

Chibrikov is better defensively, and has slightly better playmaking and hockey sense. They play differently. I don’t see the point in comparing them due to their size and position.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Chibrikov is better defensively, and has slightly better playmaking and hockey sense. They play differently. I don’t see the point in comparing them due to their size and position.

Is Chibrikov better defensively?

Scouching thinks very highly of Lysell's D-game and the knock on Chibrikov seems to be he is so-so defensively.

They seem quite similar to me other than it seems like Chibrikov is a little faster and has a slightly harder shot but Lysell looks to be a slightly better passer and slightly better defensively.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is Chibrikov better defensively?

Scouching thinks very highly of Lysell's D-game and the knock on Chibrikov seems to be he is so-so defensively.

They seem quite similar to me other than it seems like Chibrikov is a little faster and has a slightly harder shot but Lysell looks to be a slightly better passer and slightly better defensively.

The knock on Chibrikov is that he’s small and not a great skater. I think you may be mixing up Poltapov and Chibrikov.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
? Chibrikov and Lysell are both small.

Chibrikov listed at 5'10 / 172
Lysell listed at 5'10 / 172

Chibrikov looks pretty fast... Lysell is definetly fast.

I didn't mention Lysell in that post.

Lysell is definitely fast. Chibrikov is the one who isn't fast. Smaller skaters almost always look fast, but for his size, Chibrikov's acceleration isn't that good.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
He is going to go top 10!

The ceiling is way too high and teams will look to gamble on a year where everything is a gamble anyways with the lack of scouting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad