LW/RW Fabian Lysell (2021, 21st, BOS)

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Not much being said about Lysell lately ... anyone have some info?
Hawks keep dropping in the standing s so perhaps Lysell could become a Hawk come draft time!

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Not much being said about Lysell lately ... anyone have some info?
Hawks keep dropping in the standing s so perhaps Lysell could become a Hawk come draft time!
What kind of info are you looking for? Scouting report?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Hey Musto .. no just how's he been playing for the last month or so ... basically any recent impressions other than the scouting reports. thx
Well in the last month he played less than 5 minutes of total ice time, so there isn't much to say.

Reactions: crazyhawk

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Well in the last month he played less than 5 minutes of total ice time, so there isn't much to say.
Yeah my bad .. I tried looking up what was happening with Lulea HF and couldn't find anything.
Do you know if he's been injured or is it covid or ? Can't be just not playing him?
At any rate would love to see the Hawks draft Fabian.

Jagge11

Dec 13, 2018
Yeah my bad .. I tried looking up what was happening with Lulea HF and couldn't find anything.
Do you know if he's been injured or is it covid or ? Can't be just not playing him?
At any rate would love to see the Hawks draft Fabian.
First he was injured, then he had a cold (not covid). Should be fit to play when the quarterfinals start (11 april) for Luleå, probably as 13th forward.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal

Nice goal today for Fabian. Wasn't able to watch the full game... how did his game look?

He looked skilled, fast, competed well. Was outmatched in most physical battles. Thought he did not manage to create as much as I would have liked on the power play, but overall looked like a very nice project with great upside.

Edvinsson on the other hand looked nothing like a NHL prospect in my opinion.

Reactions: FrolundaRedWings

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I thought he also was the best Swede exhibition against the USA. He didn't have any points, but when the Swedes created some offensive zone pressure, it came from Lysell.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Completely invisible aside from those 2 goals.

I think you should re-watch that game. Battled really hard for the puck, played well along the boards, high pressure on the U.S. defensemen. You wouldn't be able to name a better forward in this game outside of maybe Isak Rosén.

My complaint would be that he is too selfish in general, but then again his line mates have been pretty awful all tournament long.

Reactions: alexislafreniere

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I think you should re-watch that game. Battled really hard for the puck, played well along the boards, high pressure on the U.S. defensemen. You wouldn't be able to name a better forward in this game outside of maybe Isak Rosén.

My complaint would be that he is too selfish in general, but then again his line mates have been pretty awful all tournament long.

I'll maybe rewatch the game later but did he make anything happen offensively outside of those goals? I can't remember a single play.

I'm a fan of Lysell. This tournament hasn't really changed my opinion on him, or any other Swedish player, but I expected quite a bit more. Maybe too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad