LW/RW Fabian Lysell (2021, 21st, BOS)

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
He is definitely too good for U18 Elite league. They really need to play him on the U20 team to give him proper development...

Agree. I find it crazy that he's still down there, it will only create bad habits. Him and his line with Dower Nilsson should be up playing J20 hockey.

Reactions: Ryan Van Horne

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Agree. I find it crazy that he's still down there, it will only create bad habits. Him and his line with Dower Nilsson should be up playing J20 hockey.
I figured something like this would happen sooner or later with a lot of top talents picking Frölunda. The pipeline, at least from their perspective, is clogged. While they should be up and playing Frölunda doesn't know what to do with the players they would replace so they keep them down. At least that's my guess.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
I figured something like this would happen sooner or later with a lot of top talents picking Frölunda. The pipeline, at least from their perspective, is clogged. While they should be up and playing Frölunda doesn't know what to do with the players they would replace so they keep them down. At least that's my guess.
Caderoth and Lundin Andersson have played some games with Hanhals in HockeyEttan, maybe they could stay there more permanently? But then again they're captain/alternate captain, so I doubt they'd be removed from the J20 squad.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Caderoth and Lundin Andersson have played some games with Hanhals in HockeyEttan, maybe they could stay there more permanently? But then again they're captain/alternate captain, so I doubt they'd be removed from the J20 squad.
Yeah it's a bit of a roadblock. Åström is loaned to them from Björklöven where he has played some games in their senior team, so returning him could be a way to get Dower Nilsson up and playing.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lysell was the best player on the ice by far. Completely dominated this game almost entirely by himself. Similar type of player to Raymond. Some of the 1v1 stick handling moves he was trying and pulling off against the Finnish defenders were incredible how someone could believe they could execute those attempts and also incredible how it could make players at a pretty high level of hockey look like they've never played the game before.

I would be surprised if he's not a high pick in 2021, based off what I saw from one game. A player with that level of skill, skating, scoring will be picked high, in my opinion.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How does he compare to Raymond? Looks like a similar style and caliber of hockey player.

Edit: I see I asked this question in March. I don't know why he's not getting more hype. He looks like a great prospect and very similar to a player whose going to be a top 5 pick this year.

Reactions: 420Canuck

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
How does he compare to Raymond? Looks like a similar style and caliber of hockey player.

Edit: I see I asked this question in March. I don't know why he's not getting more hype. He looks like a great prospect and very similar to a player whose going to be a top 5 pick this year.
He's Swedish, didn't play at Hlinka, and to add to that not playing in SuperElit(which is due to Frölunda's pipeline).

Pretty much a triple whammy.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002

Raymond is likely more complete. While Raymond is pretty flashy, Lysell is even more so. Has to be at the very top in his draft class when it comes to speed and stickhandling. Very shifty player who likes to deke his opponents. Has a mean wrister. Good puck stealing ability, just like Raymond. Not 100% defensively maybe, but should be a very early draft pick with continued development. Would have been a top scorer in the Swedish U20 league had he not played for a team like Frölunda... where they insist on playing him in the U18 leagues, being miles ahead of his opponents.

Leads the World U17 Challenge in scoring after the group stage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad