LW/RW Fabian Lysell (2021, 21st, BOS)

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Wasn’t the problem last season that he didn’t want to play junior hockey? How does that help him get better?

They want him to get used to the small ice. He'll probably go to Providence at the end of the junior season and take it from there.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Wasn’t the problem last season that he didn’t want to play junior hockey? How does that help him get better?
That's a legitimate concern. Thought the same thing earlier this month when there were rumblings about him going to the WHL.

I think I understand why they're doing it, after seeing him standing next to Sammy Asselin. The kid is tiny. For whatever reason, I didn't really pick that out from the SHL games I saw, but that's the reality.

He could play in the AHL, but I can understand not wanting him there until his body is ready. Plus, they won't be using an ELC year on a purely development season.

Sweeney's talking about playing with his peers and other stuff, but I think they're just afraid of him getting killed out there. I'm not thrilled, but it is what it is.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Looked really good against the Devils. Still pissed Jarry shit the bed and Rask was injured so the Isles could get to the 3rd round. Was really hoping Lysell would be there at 20 then everything got f***ed up

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He is the best 18 year old the Bruins have had since Pastrnak at making an impression. He has that same kind of aura about him, he wants the puck all the time and usually makes a good play. He wants to stay, maybe the AHL is a better option.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
Saw him play in person last night . This dude is a sick passer and seemed dangerous most times he had the puck, especially on the power play , which the Giants had a lot of in that game .

Reactions: Bruhin

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Has fallen off the radars after went to the WHL i see.

I haven't seen his highlights or anything else of his WHL rookie season
but pretty good stat line, anyone whos been following Giants this season
can say more of his season?

12 goals, 31 points in 24 games.

Leads his team in goals, 2nd in points.
And has the highest +/- of his team (+14)

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
I kept an eye on him in particular when I went to a Giants vs Kamloops game back in November. He didn't particularly stand out with any dynamic plays during the game, but ended up with the Giant's only goal. Stankoven on the Blazers had a much better game, and the 2 of them (him and Lysell) actually started getting into it a bit as they were both playing each other pretty hard throughout.

I'm going to see the same matchup on the 30th, so will have an update then. With Sourdif now traded, Lysell will be heavily relied on for offense, along with Thorpe and Cotton.

Reactions: The Iron Goalie

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I kept an eye on him in particular when I went to a Giants vs Kamloops game back in November. He didn't particularly stand out with any dynamic plays during the game, but ended up with the Giant's only goal. Stankoven on the Blazers had a much better game, and the 2 of them (him and Lysell) actually started getting into it a bit as they were both playing each other pretty hard throughout.

I'm going to see the same matchup on the 30th, so will have an update then. With Sourdif now traded, Lysell will be heavily relied on for offense, along with Thorpe and Cotton.

Thank you.

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
Had another chance to watch him tonight vs Kamloops Blazers again. To put his play tonight as nicely as possible... it was very average. More harshly, he did nothing I noticed to impact play positively for the Giants.

In the offensive zone, he was stifled for quite a bit of the game, played it on the boards up and down to teammates. When he did try to control the puck, he mostly tried fancy moves that caused the team to lose control ie. trying to flip the puck over a defenders stick or stickhandle between defenders. While his play was largely unimpressive tonight, I do attribute some of that to the Blazers, a very good team, doing a good job of shutting down zone entries. They dominated the majority of the game and the Giants did not get many good chances.

Lysell had one scoring chance which was a shot from high in the slot that sailed over the net, and had one good breakout pass through the neutral zone. It's also hard to judge him too harshly tonight as it was the third game in three nights for the Giants, and it showed as most of them, Lysell included, looked gassed. But at the same time, Kamloops also played 3 in 3, and some of their guys had wheels that made them look like they were playing on a whole other level *cough* Stankoven *cough*. No contest who looked like the better player between those 2 tonight

I hold high hopes for him still and think he could use some more offensive support on this team, but the Giants just don't look like they'll be competitive at all this year or next.

Reactions: The Iron Goalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad