LW/RW Fabian Lysell (2021, 21st, BOS)

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
After some outlets viewing him as a top 10 pick I thought his numbers this year pedestrian. Then I checked the paltry stats of his teammates and wondered whether or not he has anyone at all to play with? I have not watched him play too much or anything, but he is an unbelievable skater! Hope he turns out.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Lysell finished with 21 PTS in 12 playoff games. A valiant effort by the Giants, but the Blazers are simply a better team.

He definitely went to another level after a meh season. Should bode well for Boston.

Reactions: Shroud of Orrin

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Was looking slated to be in the B's top 6 with Bergeron and Debrusk before the Ristolainen hit put him out of brief commission. Played well for Boston as an 18 year old last preseason too.

One of the more truly underrated prospects in the league. He's gonna come out and surprise a lot of people. Really fun player to watch.

Last edited:

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Assigned to Providence. Good move and he should produce and develop well under Boston's scope down there this year.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
keeps producing

Pretty sweet stat line pace in his 19 year old rookie season in the AHL
28+38=66 | 47 pim | 166 sog

BTW. from his 8 goals this season almost half (3) are game winners #clutch

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
To be fair, never have I seen a player more unlucky with the bounces in this tournament. Lysell has created chances.

He’s still been a huge disappointment however. It’s clear to me that his hockey sense won’t cut it at the NHL level. His east-west game is completely non existent and he’s not capable of making quick plays. I also see that he doesn’t have the breakaway speed he had a couple of years ago, others have caught up. Big problem given his size.

Last edited:

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Overall the Sweden team never seemed to be in sync. That offense should be scoring more. As for Lysell he played well the first 2 periods but started getting frustrated and stopped doing what he was doing.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Overall the Sweden team never seemed to be in sync. That offense should be scoring more. As for Lysell he played well the first 2 periods but started getting frustrated and stopped doing what he was doing.
I wouldn't say Lysell played well the first two periods against the Czechs. Especially on the 5v3 PP.

His best(and only decent) game was in the quarters, but even there you would want a lot more out of him. He created some chances, but could've help create tenfold that if not for his biggest enemy: himself.

Reactions: Blueston

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Snakebitten. If just one puck bounced in goal instead of out we might been in the final. Our supposed goalscorers was way below there best.

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Lysell couldn't be more disappointing than Brad Lambert was.
But yeah that 5+20 penalty for checking into head was stupid.
Lysell entered the tournament at basically a ppg in the AHL, and a year after a WJC he potted 6p in 7 games. Lambert at least scored a goal last tournament, and it's not like he had any impressive league play behind him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad