LW Patrik Laine - Tappara, Liiga (2016, 2nd, WPG) XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Missed the game so it's always great to read comments like this.

Saw a gif of his snipe.....

B6284UcIcAA4M_Q.png

Edit:

No need to have him on the 6-4 to end the game though.

:shakehead

He looked much more comfortable out there, flying at times. Good to see. US defense isn't on the level of Sweden but they're still one of the top 3.

Hopefully his transition to NA ice will be throughout this tourney so he hits the regular season running.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Laine with a nice writer to make it 3-1. End result 3-2 but the finns got super close to tie it in the last minute 6 vs 4, finland had preassure and alot of attempts but couldnt bury them. No Laine on the ice for the last 2 minutes or so which I see as super stupid, Afterall Laine is the clutch himself. Well atleast now marjamäki might feel stupid. Laines best game by far, with or without the goal.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Hull just said Laine's got the best shot in the tournament.

Chelios said Laine looks like Lemieux out there with Hull agreeing, albeit that type of stylistic comparison wasn't allowed on HfBoards. Hey what do they know :sarcasm:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Chelios said Laine looks like Lemieux out there with Hull agreeing, albeit that type of stylistic comparison wasn't allowed on HfBoards. Hey what do they know :sarcasm:

Is there any way to watch them calling out Marjamaki or them talk about Laine?

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016

Finally the experts are waking up at the other side of Atlantic.

BWDude

Nov 13, 2015
I think what we saw tonight will be Laine's calling card in the NHL for a long time.

He's an exploiter, an opportunist, he's the guy who probably wont ever be at his best in the mobile defense Sweden situations and early in this American game- very tight, forechecking and in your face game.

But the moment teams start getting tired and the pace slows down like the second half of this game- there is going to be no one better on the ice with his pinpoint accurate shot, great puck control and powerful passes. Give him the space like in the neutral zone and pp at the end there, he will walk around you and through you like a hot knife through butter. It's a complete wonder why the coach didn't put him on at the end there cause that is his specialty and IMO will be what Laine is known for in the NHL.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I think that Laine will bust because Marjamäki just confirmed that even Lehterä and Granlund are more lethal PP weapons and that was supposed to be Laine's specialty.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
I think that Laine will bust because Marjamäki just confirmed that even Lehterä and Granlund are more lethal PP weapons and that was supposed to be Laine's specialty.

Well, it was weird all right. But maybe he wanted to give other players some confidence also, I think Laine is pretty much set. So young and raw (especially in the small rink), and already such a beast, incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad