LW Patrik Laine - Tappara, FEL (2016 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
He can have dreams right? It isn't likely and will not happen but he can dream about it. I mean, who doesn't want to be a 1st overall pick?

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Such a shame he picked the easier league. It would've been so much easier comparing the three.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

- Eikö tavoitteita pidä olla? Ei siinä muuten oikein mistään tule mitään. Olen asettanut itselleni selkeät tavoitteet, mihin pitää pyrkiä. Sen eteen tehdään hommia. Mielestäni on hyvä asia, että tavoitteita on, Laine kertoo MTV Sportille.

Shouldn't you have goals? What good is it if you don't have. I've set myself clear expectations/goals and I'm working towards them.
I think it's a good thing to have expectations Laine says.

I like this attitude.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Such a shame he picked the easier league. It would've been so much easier comparing the three.

Also playing for ZSC Lions helps cos the weaker teams are easier to score against in NLA than in Liiga, but shhhh dont say that out loud there are actually Matthews fans who claim Liiga is not as good/less competitive despite Champions Hockey League results.

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015
The assist was a great individual effort, could have been a goal just as well. Generally I thought Laine looked good in the O-zone, but there were a couple times when he was caught on the boards near the blue line while Tappara had O-zone possession and was forced to make a dangerous giveaway. He got a couple attempts with his wrister but Tarkki also played a strong game and only let that one goal in.

I suppose 1st OA is a good goal for Laine but I'm not seeing it happening at the moment. The pieces are there but I think he'll need several years of development before becoming a player like that. His possession play shows promising signs and of course his instinct for scoring helps in everything he does in the O-zone. If he suddenly got a magical power-up that put him to his ceiling I'd say he would bear a resemblance with Jagr. So it's possible in that regard, but it's such a long ways off that it's going to be difficult to get there in just this one season. If he visibly switches a gear up during the season it'll become a more relevant topic.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
imo the best goal scorer the world has seen in 5 to 10 years (talking about prospects).

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Let's just wait with that untill he actually scores more than Joel Armia.

Its not only liiga but internationally his already ahead.

Armia u16-u20 finland national team
Games Played 69
Goals 30
Assist 31
Points 61

Laine u16-u20 finland national team
Games Played 28
Goals 31
Assist 12
Points 43

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Its not only liiga but internationally his already ahead.

Armia u16-u20 finland national team
Games Played 69
Goals 30
Assist 31
Points 61

Laine u16-u20 finland national team
Games Played 28
Goals 31
Assist 12
Points 43

A lil' flawed logic. I'd imagine scoring gets progressively harder when the competition gets older. Would be far more informative to compare their seasons by age, as Laine hasn't even played in U20s yet.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
imo the best goal scorer the world has seen in 5 to 10 years (talking about prospects).
Definately a bit overstatement at the moment but he's definately one of those guys that can easily dominate with goals in NHL if everything goes smoothly.

It makes me sleep better knowing Laine has that passion to be the best and he already has that monster training attitude as far as I'm concerned.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
A lil' flawed logic. I'd imagine scoring gets progressively harder when the competition gets older. Would be far more informative to compare their seasons by age, as Laine hasn't even played in U20s yet.

Over goal per game is impressive from Laine, still.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
He can have dreams right? It isn't likely and will not happen but he can dream about it. I mean, who doesn't want to be a 1st overall pick?

He can do it, it's realistic goal for him. Instead of saying a sure bet, he sets the bar high, but not impossibly high. Good choise by him.

From last U18.

Cant wait for him and Puljujärvi to spank all the opponents this year at u20, they are year stronger now. And add Mikko Rantanen and Kasperi Kapanen + Sebastian Aho to the team.. it's gonna be ****ing awesome offense, I have never waited U20 this much. I think it's more important than the adults WHC this year for me.

Alexandrov

Dec 5, 2011
Cant wait for him and Puljujärvi to spank all the opponents this year at u20, they are year stronger now. And add Mikko Rantanen and Kasperi Kapanen + Sebastian Aho to the team.. it's gonna be ****ing awesome offense, I have never waited U20 this much. I think it's more important than the adults WHC this year for me.

You have developed into a true/hardcore hockey fan now :nod:

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
I think it's more important than the adults WHC this year for me.
I feel the same way.

If I could decide between winning the U20 or WC this year, I wouldn't even think twice. I mean, it's our home tourney and what kind of boost winning it would give to our young players for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad