LW Oskar Lindblom - Brynas, SWE (2014, 138th, PHI)

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Sounds about right, he's going to be a middle-six guy for the Flyers. Watching the WJC pre-elimination game of Canada vs. Sweden, he looked very good. It's always the same compliments. Compete level, board work, nice hands.

If he is "going to be a middle six guy", then statstically he should be a 1th rounder.

daa5250

May 3, 2016
Philly
If he is "going to be a middle six guy", then statstically he should be a 1th rounder.

Look at every draft and you will find a number of good to great players picked late. He was thought of highly and as potential 1st rd pick heading into his draft year but had a rough year. He was still projected to go in like the 3rd rd but somehow slid to the 5th rd. In the 2 seasons since he has developed really nice and how he was initially projected heading into his draft year.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Clear at the top of the SHL scoring race now with 15 points (5g, 10a, +7) in 14 games.

Did not have a brilliant game today... just solid... but still got an assist and his line-mate Clark conspired to take another away from him by missing a completely empty net.

Even in his ~middling games this season he is helping to create ~3-4 good scoring chances.

He has not scored more than 2pts in any game this season... but has picked up points in all but 3 of the 14 games he has played. He is just bringing it every night.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Philly built up the D pipeline. And has the goalies pipeline too.

Now, they added Konecny to the top 6 and have the SHL leader in points in Lindblom. Excellent drafting the last few years!

Philly could have 7 players at the WJC this year after having the most last year. Good times.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Any non-Flyers who has watched him this year, could you comment on his play?

7g, 13a, 20p, +12 now in 21gp. 3rd in SHL scoring.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Appleyard has been live tweeting most of his games and it sounds like he has been great. Driving play and producing endless scoring chances. Cant wait for him to come over next year.

The highlights I have seen are more exhibit skill more in line with a top 40 pick, rather than a 5th rounder.

daa5250

May 3, 2016
Philly
Appleyard has been live tweeting most of his games and it sounds like he has been great. Driving play and producing endless scoring chances. Cant wait for him to come over next year.

The highlights I have seen are more exhibit skill more in line with a top 40 pick, rather than a 5th rounder.

He was regarded as 1st rd talent and hyped a good amount but then had a rough draft year but was still ranked as a 3rd rd level prospect. ISS hockey ranked him 51st overall. He somehow slipped to 5th rd and Flyers took the raw prospect with high potential. It seems to be paying off.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
How many players shoot 20% over a long span. Hint: none.

Philly seems to have a nice player tho

For a non-Flyer fan you have a very unhealthy obsession with them. Although I have to admit, instead of just running them down, you usually finish with a backhanded compliment.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
It is worth noting that in the SHL the average sh% is around 1% higher than the NHL...

There are less shots per game but more high % chances mostly.

So the average sv% is generally around .905 sv%... vs ~.915 sv% in the NHL.

The top 50 SHL forwards in terms of goals last season averaged 15.89%.

In the NHL the figure was 14.07%.

The top guys in the SHL are shooting at ~2% more in general than those in the NHL.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just looked at the top 5 scorers in the SHL. Four of their ages are 26,26, 28, 31.

Then you have Lindblom who is 2nd in scoring and just turned 20 in August.

Looking like a great 5th rounder!

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
How many players shoot 20% over a long span. Hint: none.

Philly seems to have a nice player tho

I don't know how you managed to calculate "20%". He at 18 % at the moment, playing the best hockey of his life. He has not slowed down and we're already 1/3 through the season.

Oscar is driving offensive factor for Brynäs, with his nifty plays, grit, and two-way work.

Here are some nice examples:
https://gfycat.com/FailingFluffyEquestrian
https://gfycat.com/FoolishDisguisedIndochinesetiger
https://gfycat.com/ThirstyBeautifulArieltoucan

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Another goal today in a 2-0 win.

And he was denied on doorstep twice in quick succession during a scramble, had a big one-timer saved and set up two prime chances that were denied.

8g, 16a, 24p, +12 in 24 games now.

Leads the SHL in EV points and P/60 while being second in overall points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad