LW Oskar Lindblom - Brynas, SWE (2014, 138th, PHI)

Klown

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
Saw him in the U17 WHC where he was great. Haven't seen him play this season, though. I'd like to see him play a few games with Brynäs A-team before I dare to make any predictions.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1554527

He has always had potential. Don't know why he dropped so far in the draft.

(Sorry for butchering up the english grammar here, I hate to write in english)

Your grammar is fine, I wouldn't have known if you didn't mention it :)

I had no idea who he was until the Juniors, but he has had a few great games now and wow. Not sure if it's his team mates or he is going to be a huge steal.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
We a guy on the Flyers board who watches every game of his. In a men's league he is finally getting some time and is trusted pretty well. The kid has talent.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
He has 9 points in 17 SHL games this year and he's a very young '14 pick as well.

Doesn't seem to be "dynamic" but he's looking like a great pick so far!

Klown

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
He was very productive as a junior, but even if he doesn't develop into a bona fide scoring machine he's a pretty complete two way player. I think he has a chance to end up in NHL one day, abeit with some luck and hard work.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
His skating was ugly last year, to the point where it was hard to envision him as a legit prospect. Such a great example to those who are okay accepting a prospect making them look bad early on. If they have the hands and instincts, they have a shot. Wouldn't have had a problem slotting him top 60 if footspeed were better.

Pulled from the DraftBuzz Hockey 2014 NHL Draft Guide:

Lethargic skating bull has name recognition from beginning of year praise. Admirably has performed up to big stakes with 6G in 7GP in J20 playoffs and a good U18. Pulls off playing at his own pace with the puck. Loves to drive the slot and get to the net in a non forceful way. Away from the puck he is slow to react. Decent potential with puck ability and possession game if skating improves.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
He isn't a good skater but he's definitely not a terrible skater either. His best attribute by far is his hockey sense.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Yeh, his skating speed is still a weak point of his game, (one of the few weak points tbh, a very well rounded player) but it is better than he was last year.

Also while his speed is not where you would like it to be his balance and strength on his skates is very impressive... so if his speed continues to increase his overall skating will be no problem. (for example not like Hartnell, who is actually decent speed wise but has awful edgework and balance.)

As for best strength, I would agree hockey sense is up there with his forechecking, just such a pain to play against due to how relentlessly he goes in vs the D men then clogs the lanes for their outlets.

Earlier in the season he would up Jonas Frögren enormously with constantly taking his lanes away, hitting him along the boards and then positioning himself right on the edge of the crease and giving no quarter vs Frögren. Lindblom got a very experienced and solid D man heavily off his game simply by playing his natural game.

The best bit was that Frögren kept getting visibly more agitated, and at one point crosschecked Lindblom a few time after the whistle had gone and tried to put him in a headlock, Lindblom just turned round and laughed in his face.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Steen is not a bad comparison. He doesn't look like a player that can score a lot, but his numbers on every level so far are impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad