LW Johnny Gaudreau (2011, 104th overall, Calgary) IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
It was a great sequence from both of them, and that video doesn't contain the beginning of that cycle the two of them had going. They both seem to find each other with passes like that regularly.

I think Calgary needs to put Monahan between them and leave them be a while. I like Jooris's hustle, but so many plays die on his stick because he can't think the game the same way Gaudreau and Hudler do.

This. Hudler and Johnny are such good playmakers. And i think Monahan could score a lot of goals between the two of them with his natural finishing ability.

Semoner403

Feb 20, 2006
calgary
This. Hudler and Johnny are such good playmakers. And i think Monahan could score a lot of goals between the two of them with his natural finishing ability.

It's only a matter of time before Johnny and money are on the same line for a substantial period of time. Why not now I guess? I thinks it's more a matter of the flames giving jooris the best chance to succeed and rewarding him for turning some heads.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I think Calgary needs to put Monahan between them and leave them be a while. I like Jooris's hustle, but so many plays die on his stick because he can't think the game the same way Gaudreau and Hudler do.

The only danger with that is we're getting into "too many eggs in one basket" syndrome with that move. Money, JG, and Huds are three of the four top scoring forwards on the team, and also three of the best possession forwards as well. It also means either Monahan is given more high ground with JG and someone else (who?) has to get buried, or JG gets buried and potentially suffers as a rookie who is a) straight out of college and b) used to playing half the games that an NHL schedule has.

Once Backlund is back, I fully support throwing those three on a line together. Until that time, we've only got Stajan as a centre (other than Monahan) who you can reliably bury in the defensive end and expect not to completely drown, which I think is a risk.

jdatb

Apr 29, 2014
Idk if anyone has pointed this out yet, but JG looks like the leader for the Lady Byng trophy right now. 0 PIM. As a Canucks fan, you're welcome.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Idk if anyone has pointed this out yet, but JG looks like the leader for the Lady Byng trophy right now. 0 PIM. As a Canucks fan, you're welcome.

Unless Pat Kane and Logan Couture decide to fight each other in the second half of the season, I don't think we're in much danger of JG getting that trophy. Haha.

Last edited:

stardefender*

The only danger with that is we're getting into "too many eggs in one basket" syndrome with that move. Money, JG, and Huds are three of the four top scoring forwards on the team, and also three of the best possession forwards as well. It also means either Monahan is given more high ground with JG and someone else (who?) has to get buried, or JG gets buried and potentially suffers as a rookie who is a) straight out of college and b) used to playing half the games that an NHL schedule has.

Once Backlund is back, I fully support throwing those three on a line together. Until that time, we've only got Stajan as a centre (other than Monahan) who you can reliably bury in the defensive end and expect not to completely drown, which I think is a risk.

Nah. No one's scoring and imo you put that line together and see if it can get something started. Changes can always be made as it moves along.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Another goal for him tonight. Finding ways to produce even when the Flames play like ****. Very promising.

EDIT: Make that two goals, the second a beauty of a wrap-around.

EDIT EDIT: Gaudreau scores with a minute left for the Hat Trick!

Last edited:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
God I ****ing love Gaudreau. So glad I was watching this game and saw his first hat trick. He gets more and more impressive every time I watch him.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
His 3rd was a fluke. He didn't play that to go in off Doughty, did he? Did he?

He's got some magic.

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
Been watching a lot of flames games this year, only because of my interest in Johnny Hockey, Don't really care for the team in general. But I'm glad he and the team are doing so well.

Finally Johnny gets a few bounces that go his way, for anyone that has watched him since his 1 game benching, he was due. So many missed passes and opportunities for points have eluded him.

Much like people talk about Crosby. Johnny has the same kind of mind, just a bit quicker and advanced when it comes passes that people just don't expect.

Glad to see him get some bounces that went his way. I'd really love to see him hit the 20 goals and possibly 25 goal mark.

Such a great story.

stardefender*

SilverDigitalBoubou.gif

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
no. not intentional. just got the bounces tonight including throwing the puck at the net,

He didn't even put it towards the net though. He either thought he had a teammate there when there wasn't one within a mile of him, or he tried to put it off Doughty's skate.

It looked intentional, and if it was, ballsy :amazed:

stardefender*

It would be really easy to just toss out another sarcastic comment aimed at the nay-sayers like "Yea but he won't be able to do that against the big rough teams like LA"...

but so much more than that needs to be said.

"He's so competitive," Bob Hartley said post game. "Everyone talks about how skilled he is out there but he's also so competitive. He plays with no fear. This was a big, rough LA team and he was buzzing out there. It was a great game for Johnny."

It's unreal what this kid is doing. A few years from now, with some experience under his belt, he's going to be a star in this league.

Last edited by a moderator:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
He didn't even put it towards the net though. He either thought he had a teammate there when there wasn't one within a mile of him, or he tried to put it off Doughty's skate.

It looked intentional, and if it was, ballsy :amazed:

I don't think it was intentional, I think Doughty tried to block the pass to Monahan and he just happened to turn his skate where the puck would deflect in. I'll bet everything happened so fast as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad