LW Carter Savoie - Sherwood Park Crusaders, AJHL (2020, 100th, EDM)

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
AJHL stars are doing great in the NCAA. Its not an easy league to transition to. These guys probably have more NHL upside than they were credited with at the draft

For sure, Benning looked really good last night as well. Some teams who needed D men are going to look foolish for passing on him.

Pretty impressive the way those two are playing making the jump straight from the AJHL to the NCAA without skipping a beat.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
AJHL stars are doing great in the NCAA. Its not an easy league to transition to. These guys probably have more NHL upside than they were credited with at the draft

Considering how long it took for Holloway to make the adjustment, it is very surprising how seamless it's been for Savoie and Benning.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I can’t believe this kid was still sitting there at 100. Hes been amazing for DU and I can’t wait to see how he progresses at the program they have there. What a pick by Edmonton.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I can’t believe this kid was still sitting there at 100. Hes been amazing for DU and I can’t wait to see how he progresses at the program they have there. What a pick by Edmonton.

it's crazy how many scouts slept on him considering he was only playing in a top junior league in Canada.

Nice job Holland.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
There are some great players that have come from Junior A hockey. Jamie Benn, Kyle Turris, Andrew Cogliano, Keith Seabrook, Reilly Smith, Colton Parayko, Cale Makar, Tyson Jost, Dante Fabbro, Alex Newhook, Jacob Bernard-Docker, Jonathan Tychonick..

couple other names come to mind going back a few years that played are Brett Hull and Paul Kariya as well. Our junior equivalent in this area of Nova Scotia is not even on the same page as the teams out that way. We would get destroyed. There is @ 12 teams in the Maritime Junior League. Different budgets

The majority of these kids go on to play in the NCAA and some even dominate there. So to say the level of talent isn't even close to the NCAA just shows a level of ignorance. Sure the overall talent isn't close but the CJHL can produce elite talent all the same as the other leagues.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
upload_2020-12-8_17-16-20.gif

GWG, 5 goals in 4 games

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Scored another one today became the GWG.

5th goal in 4 games and an absolute beauty. This kid can rip the puck, far side top corner. One hell of a shot, damn.

Good lord, he can really zing it for a guy who is on the small side. His release is almost non-existant and the goalie doesn’t even react until it’s too late.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
The Pio's are WAY to dependent on the PP right now

It's going to come back and bite them the way they are looking for penalties as their only means of offense.

Laodongxi

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Scored another one today became the GWG.

5th goal in 4 games and an absolute beauty. This kid can rip the puck, far side top corner. One hell of a shot, damn!

That was a great replay! You get the full development of the play, bird's eye, then an isolated close up of the play from the blue line in, and then, piece de resistance - directly behind - the player's point of view for the snipe. Wish the NHL would do more of that!

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Good lord, he can really zing it for a guy who is on the small side. His release is almost non-existant and the goalie doesn’t even react until it’s too late.
It’s insane isn’t it? His release might be one of the better ones I’ve ever seen, he puts almost nothing into it. Looks like he’s about to fire a nice pass at midnight shinny and then fires a zinger. He’s probably one of those kids that was shooting the puck relentlessly when he was 9-10 years old

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Should’ve been a second rounder on draft day. He keeps this up...who knows where we will be saying he should have gone.

Most of his stats are almost PP with 4 on the PP and 1 EV and shooting at 40% but there's little doubt he shoulda been 2nd round. Im shocked he fell that far. Crazy good start and legit goals thus far. Oilers with an early steal thus far just for picking him in the 4th.

Was buzzing against UND when I watched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad