LW Carter Savoie - Sherwood Park Crusaders, AJHL (2020, 100th, EDM)

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Carter Savoie, drafted by the Regina Pats in the 2017 WHL Draft, instead opted to continue playing Junior A hockey to keep his college options open. He is committed to playing hockey for the University of Denver next year. In the meantime, Savoie has been playing for the Sherwood Park Crusaders and dominating the AJHL. He put up 53 goals and 46 assists for 99 points in just 54 games this season. Savoie led the league in goals and was named to the North Division All-Star Team. He also played for the AJHL Selects in the Junior Club World Championship, scoring one goal and five points in five games. Savoie had two goals in four games playing for Canada West at the World Junior A Hockey Challenge. His WHL rights were traded to the Winnipeg Ice.

Last season, Savoie scored 31 goals and 42 assists for 73 points in 58 games. He was named AJHL Rookie of the year. He was also part of the League’s All-Rookie Team and the North All-Star Team. Savoie is the older brother of Matthew Savoie, the first overall pick in the 2019 WHL Bantam Draft, and one of the top prospects for the 2022 NHL Draft.

Here is our full scouting report
Carter Savoie Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #57 - Last Word on Hockey

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Savoie, top CJHL prospect, ready for NHL Draft day

“(The season) went pretty well,” Savoie said. “With going to Russia at the beginning of the season, that was a great experience and then coming back and hopping right into it with the Crusaders. Obviously, our team did really well. We had a great group of guys, great leadership group.

“Then heading off to Dawson Creek for Team Canada, I think I struggled a little bit there but when I came back to the Cru I think I found my legs again.”

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I have been re-thinking where this kid should be ranked. I could see going the NCAA route forcing him to compete harder and round out his game. He definitely has good skill and a good shot.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Great pick at 100. I had him in the second round before this pick.

Surprised he was sitting there at 100. Lots of skill.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
A great start to his college career with 3 goals in his first 2 games. (He's scored 75% of Denver's goals so far)

Heck of a start to his college career. Hopefully this continues.

Edit: You double posted one of the goals, added the other below.

Last edited:

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
How has Carter looked in College? What’s his play style like? I’m familiar with his younger brother because of the hype he’s received in the 22 draft but I’ve never really paid attention to Carter.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Would've loved to have seen Matt play with him at DU...but Carter is a legit prospect in his own right, so is Benning. The Pioneers just make a killing off grabbing junior A stars in recruiting.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Great start, I wonder if he ends up a better player than his more highly touted younger brother

Time will tell, as you mentioned his brother is more highly touted at the same age but development isn’t always linear.

He’s off to a fantastic start as an 18 year old rookie in the NCAA. His shot is ridiculous and he’s got some really nice stick handling skills + puck control. Not just a one trick pony, his skating looks a lot better especially his lateral edges and change of direction type skating.

Couldn’t have asked for a much better start 4 goals and an assist in his first 3 NCAA games. Looks deadly on the PP, needs time to round out his game but there’s some real offensive talent there with him.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Couldn’t have asked for a better start. His shot and finishing skills are obviously top tier, hands are pretty nice, and he has a little bit of jam/determination in his game along the boards which I love to see even though he’s a smaller guy. Gonna be real fun watching Holloway and Savoie light up the NCAA...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad