LW Carter Savoie - Sherwood Park Crusaders, AJHL (2020, 100th, EDM)

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Hobey Baker frontrunner.

Huge Savoie fan here, so don’t take this the wrong way, but he is feasting on the lesser teams and didn’t hit the scoreboard against the really good teams. I thought he still played well against those teams but he will need to start scoring against the BC’s and North Dakota’s to really be a Hobey Baker candidate.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Huge Savoie fan here, so don’t take this the wrong way, but he is feasting on the lesser teams and didn’t hit the scoreboard against the really good teams. I thought he still played well against those teams but he will need to start scoring against the BC’s and North Dakota’s to really be a Hobey Baker candidate.

I mean, he just had 4 goals and an assist against Western Michigan in the two games who were ranked 9th in the NCAA which ahead of 14th ranked Denver.

His production were a major reason they swept the higher ranked team scoring at big moments in the game.

Reactions: Dominance

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Maybe note a Hobey frunt runner, but probably int he top 10.

Regardless, his production in the NCAA has been very, very good

13 goals and 20 points in 24 games as an 18 year old freshman. Then follows it up with 10 goals and 17 points in 10 games as a sophmore. Hes also clear above anyone on Denver pointswise.

To put that in perspective, Kent Johnson is 5th overall pick and on a stacked Michigan team. Last year as an 18 year freshman, he has 27 points in 26 games, and has 20 points in 12 games thus far (only 4 goals)

His production thru 2 years is pretty top tier. Even compared to another 4th round pick, Johhny Gaudreau, and his stats look very comparable, if not even a bit better

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Another clutch goal in a big moment. DU close to punching their ticket to the final 4. Had a huge goal last game too.

His from last game to put DU up, they ended up winning 3-2.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
His release is absolutely filthy. Hopefully he can become a shooter for McDavid in the next couple of yrs, that's the one thing missing from Edmonton.

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Is he even eligible? He’ll be 4 months shy of 21 at the time.

Yes he is eligible. In a tournament for '02 born players he is a '02 born player. It's just the nature of when the tournament is held that's you'll see players 20 years old + a few months. Same thing occurs for the U18 tournament in April. Everything will be back to normal for the Christmas tournament.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
I would think he leaves school if Denver wins the tourney on Saturday, but either way I'd prefer if he went back for his junior year. Lots of examples of recent players doing that (Fox, Kreider, Savoie's teammate Brink) and IMO it would help him become a better overall player while being "the guy" next season.

Excited for him though, he's got a truly elite skill (shot) combined with above-average traits in pretty much everything other than size.

Last edited:

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
I would think he leaves school if Denver wins the tourney on Saturday, but either way I'd prefer if he went back for his junior year. Lots of examples of recent players doing that (Fox, Kreider, Savoie's teammate Brink) and IMO it would help him become a better overall player while being "the guy" next season.

Excited for him though, he's got a truly elite skill (shot) combined with above-average traits in pretty much everything other than size.
Heard a few rumblings he plans to turn pro after this season.
I agree another year of college could be beneficial.

Reactions: PostBradMalone

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Heard a few rumblings he plans to turn pro after this season.
I agree another year of college could be beneficial.

Plays in the NCAA final tonight, I think he signs and joins Bakersfield immediately. Some Holland’s comments recently seem to indicate that without him saying it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad