TV: Luther (BBC One)

member 51464

Time for me to finally rewatch 1&2 and see part 3 for the first time, I suppose.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Can't wait.

Disappointed that Ruth Wilson won't be returning, but as long as it's got Idris and good writing, I'm happy.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Time for me to finally rewatch 1&2 and see part 3 for the first time, I suppose.

I re-watched season 1 over the weekend after this thread got bumped. It really is an excellent tv show and I'm looking forward to the 2 new episodes coming in December. Ruth Wilson is great in this. Definitely worth watching for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Loved it. This series is very promising.

Finished watching the new episode earlier tonight. I thought it was a little slow getting started but it was great once it did. It's just too bad there's only 2 episodes this year and that will probably be the end of the series for good. :(

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Why was Ygritte brandishing a small pipe initially, when she had the gun in her pocket? And why didn't she just shoot the bad guy in the back of the head when he walked past her with said gun...

Also, how did the bad guy put the fridge back into place once he escaped through the shaft...

Can you really deflect bullets with an aluminium garbage can?

Elba awesome as always, but for a 2-episode season they sure did have more than their share of holes. And then there was the Alice thing...

Reactions: Neutrinos

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
We don't even know if Alice is genuinely dead.

Yes, we do know. Her body was found and confirmed.
How ironclad was that confirmation, though? You don't think there might be some wiggle room in there, what with Alice being such a clever girl and all? I can't see Alice bowing out quite so far off stage. Perhaps, as it appears, she is dead. But unless Wilson just doesn't want to do any more of Alice, I wouldn't discount any possibility. I'd bet, though, that Luther will end up being a love story. Been wrong before, though, so....

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad