Lupul vs Subban

Andros777

Apr 12, 2010
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Never saw this controversial helmet stuff. I also didn't see the "Lupul stickwork" stuff that the commentator said happened and as far as I can tell didn't. Commentators say things on the fly that don't make sense.

It was a good fight that ended in a tie. NBD.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
What an awesome fight. Who cares about the fake helmet stuff, as a result of both of them faking or whatever, they both were helmetless for the majority of the fight. That makes it entertaining imo.

Especially the end of the fight, when it ended, they both were going down, but they were both swinging till the end. For non fighters, it was a great fight, a good show. One of the more entertaining fights I've seen.

I also like it because Lupul is probably trying to impress Burkey and show some truclence since he was just traded for.

Only part I didn't like, was that it was in retaliation to a nice hit by Lupul on Subban. I hate this fight cuz I got body checked mentality.

+1, great post.

Seems people here would prefer to pick every little thing apart than, you know, be entertained.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
After seeing CBC camera angle. It really looks like both of them were taking their helmet off but Lupul came forward on him and Subban just had the reflex to hit him.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Actually Subban wanted to get his helmet off but Lupul's fake move of removing it was weak.

It doesn't take more than 1 sec to remove his helmet. Looks like Lupul was trying to remove his makeup and polish his nails... Remove it or keep it, but do your move.

Win for Subban.

What?

He was taking it off and Subban grabbed him. There is a strap on the helmet that must be removed before the helmet can come off; you realize this, right?

tez

Oct 23, 2009
Nova Scotia
After seeing CBC camera angle. It really looks like both of them were taking their helmet off but Lupul came forward on him and Subban just had the reflex to hit him.

This. Great fight as fights between non-scrappers go. Pretty even but I'd say Subban won, simply because he landed more punches from what I saw. It was close though.

What?

He was taking it off and Subban grabbed him. There is a strap on the helmet that must be removed before the helmet can come off; you realize this, right?

Oh come on. Take the homer glasses off. Nobody in the thread is saying Lupul is a bad fighter or bashing him, give Subban a break. Watch the video. If anything, as they both began to take their helmets off, they skated towards each other. The reaction of both was to stop what they were doing and throw a punch, Subban just happened to get his towards Lupul first. Give it a rest.

Habs 1909

Nov 29, 2008
Montreal/Ottawa
From what I saw:

Lupul and Subban go back up ice, Lupul drops his gloves – as does Subban. Then, Lupul was in the process of taking off his helmet (as was Subban) but as Lupul was taking his helmet off he got pretty close to Subban then the fight started. I really think it’s the case where there wasn’t enough distance between the two to take off their helmets so they just started the fight.

Edit: I have no idea what Glenn Healy is talking about in regards to a "careless stick"

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
From what I saw:

Lupul and Subban go back up ice, Lupul drops his gloves – as does Subban. Then, Lupul was in the process of taking off his helmet (as was Subban) but as Lupul was taking his helmet off he got pretty close to Subban then the fight started. I really think it’s the case where there wasn’t enough distance between the two to take off their helmets so they just started the fight.

Edit: I have no idea what Glenn Healy is talking about in regards to a "careless stick"

this
I think the same (post 58)

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Ok fight, draw.

I would like to hear people posting in this thread on what they have to say about 9/11 and the JFK assassination. I bet you all have interesting theories...

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
From what I saw:

I just seen the CBC feed and this is exactly it imo.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Heh, i hate Subban very much from a Leaf standpoint.

But if he was on my team i would probably go buy 5 of his jerseys and set up a shrine of him in my living room.

Well, not quite, but you get the point.

Not a bad fight, i didn't know Lupul would be willing to throw 'em. I would give the edge to Subban slightly, he got more clear shots in. I also don't think Subban went for the cheap shot by starting the fight when Lupul was taking his helmet off. They were both pretty close, and Lupul saw him coming and was ready for it.

Rancourt Fist Pump

Goulet-lite
Jul 30, 2010
That was a weird start. Looks like Lupul drifted into PK's bubble while they were trying to get the helmets off and PK just starts the lawnmower lol! I don't like PK, but I can't say that I blame em on this 1. Respect the bubble or you're gonna get popped, am I right?

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
2eyduad.png

the_speedster

Jul 7, 2007
Subban doesn't fight: What a *****

Subban fights: Fight somebody tougher you *****

I'll translate what they mean to say for you..

"damn, I wish that Subban kid was on OUR team!"

grrr.... until then he sucks! :sarcasm:

I woudn't take it personally... some of these are the same fans that claim kessel's as good as crosby... or ovechkin is better than gretz,.. or say they would never have taken crosby first... blah blah blah...

you know what they say,.. opinions are like *******s, .. everyone's got one....

good fight.. least lupul's gotten his first as a leaf outta the way.. should help endear him to the crowd.. PK on the other hand, I think is fighting way too much.. hopefully this is like a bobby orr thing where he's gettin' most of his fighting out of the way in year one

CuteHockeyBunny

May 25, 2009
Montreal
It looked like Subban was going to take off his helmet (look at him going for his strap) but they both started throwing at the same time. What the hell is going on with this Subban bias?

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
I'm going to give the slight-edge to PK. Great fight, but I think his punches made more contact, plus he landed the hardest punch near the end there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad