Lupul vs Subban

The Kremelin Wall*

Because no one likes Subban except for Habs fans. When he gets knocked out in his career (and it no doubt happen), everyone will be laughing. Kinds like Kane on Cooke last season.

Except people hate Subban for being better than any player on their team. Envy is one of the strongest emotions. :handclap:

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Just enjoy the blind hatred. I actually find it amusing.

Blind hatred?

Lupul was taking his helmet off and Subban just came in throwing punches. How can you call that "blind"? There's a reason that people called it a ***** move. He started hitting him while Lupul was taking his helmet off because of the visor.

thatshype

Jul 3, 2010
I actually saw the opposite, let's see the video. :laugh:

You saw wrong...the youtube will prove it once it's up.

Not trying to make a big deal out of it because it was a good scrap. But Lupul got jumped when he was in the process of unsnapping.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Subban is such a little *****. Won't fight anyone on the Bruins, but will fight Joffrey Lupul who I'm not even sure has an NHL fight and of course he throws a punch while Loops is taking his helmet off.

They are the exact same weight, Subban is one inch shorter and it's not like Subban has this amazing NHL fighting resume. You ***** when he won't get in a pointless fight with a goon and you ***** when he gets in a fair fight in a tied game. HF is such a joke sometimes.

NoLocus*

Subban looked like a ***** there going after Lupul as he was taking off his helmet.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I give it a draw with perhaps an edge to Subban. Impressive showing for both players. The more I see of Subban the more I like him.

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
Wait, why is a non-fighter being attacked for not fighting a heavyweight?

Subban isn't a fighter, why is he a ***** for fighting other non-fighters?

Communal Blood

Jun 1, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Funny, fans of different teams have come on the Habs boards to discuss how they don't understand the hate and that they like Subban.

And to put Subban in the same post as Cooke. Wow.

What is the general consensus of this board again? Oh that's right, 98% of the people chirp the guy. And yes, like I said, there will a lot of mockery, just like Cooke received.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Subban is such a little *****. Won't fight anyone on the Bruins, but will fight Joffrey Lupul who I'm not even sure has an NHL fight and of course he throws a punch while Loops is taking his helmet off.
It's funny because before the NHL, Subban never fought much either. Suddenly he has 4 in a little over half a season.

thatshype

Jul 3, 2010
Don't exaggerate the "hate" for Subban, either. I'm a Leafs fan and I definitely think that Subban is among the top up and coming defensemen in the league. He is easily my favorite player on the Habs.

But yes, he hit Lupul when he was undoing his helmet. Simple as that. No blind hatred towards a talented D-man, but thats how it went down.

KristoLeblanc*

Actually Subban wanted to get his helmet off but Lupul's fake move of removing it was weak.

It doesn't take more than 1 sec to remove his helmet. Looks like Lupul was trying to remove his makeup and polish his nails... Remove it or keep it, but do your move.

Win for Subban.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

Subban would have liked to fight, but the Bruins were too concerned with taking out our goons Spacek, Pyatt, and Hamrlik.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
What an awesome fight. Who cares about the fake helmet stuff, as a result of both of them faking or whatever, they both were helmetless for the majority of the fight. That makes it entertaining imo.

Especially the end of the fight, when it ended, they both were going down, but they were both swinging till the end. For non fighters, it was a great fight, a good show. One of the more entertaining fights I've seen.

I also like it because Lupul is probably trying to impress Burkey and show some truclence since he was just traded for.

Only part I didn't like, was that it was in retaliation to a nice hit by Lupul on Subban. I hate this fight cuz I got body checked mentality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad