Lupul vs Subban

flowerpower13*

I don't understand this strange, almost perverted obsession people have with Subban having to fight. He has never been a fighter, at any level. He's not a big guy either. Lupul is in his weight class and on par with his fighting experience. You guys act like he's expected to fight Orr or something.

The worst are Boston fans who expect him to fight Lucic, who has 40 lbs and 4" on him and has been a fighter at every level. It's almost as stupid as when these Bruin fans say Lucic shouldn't fight heavies because apparently a giant who has dozens of career fights is a "middleweight".

People are just jealous from PK...The guy is already a stud and has not even play year..He does everything skilled wise AND also gets under people skin.Veterans gets mad because they try to intimidate the kid, and it doesn't work.

Thank god he plays in MTL. 30 teams wants him.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The people who are crying about this helmet crap have never been in a hockey fight. I am positive of this. Anyone in this situation would have done the same thing here. He comes towards you, it's instinct to react. It's sorta shocking to me sometimes, reading posts on this board, how glaringly obvious it is that the vast majority of people making comments have never actually played hockey before.

flowerpower13*

Subban's move was gutless. Maybe now I can understand what Richards was talking about. I always liked Subban, I still think he's a great player. But things like that will not get you far.

If you wanna see gutless, watch the replays from the MTL-BOS game and look carefully at Boston players.

flowerpower13*

PK talks he's wrong, PK hits he's wrong, PK doesn't fight he's wrong..PK fights he's wrong...PK breath he's wrong...

That makes it clear , the guy is a SUPERSTAR.

KingBuzzo

A custom title.
Nov 3, 2010
Toronto
If you wanna see gutless, watch the replays from the MTL-BOS game and look carefully at Boston players.

Lots of gutless acts throughout that game for sure. You'd think after participating in that kind of game Subban would realize the situation before jumping the gun. He's a young guy and I hope he matures a bit more. Like I said, I think he's a great player, but all of these little small things won't fare well for him in the long run.

HabsHockey*

I love how Lupul said "...his name keeps coming up in the media..."

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Remember when habs fans were crying there eyes out when MacArthur went at Spacek (which wasnt nearly the same).....Now they are trying to say P.K didnt get a little quick 'sucker' in there? Fact is HE DID. But it wasnt too bad.

Its more of a 'wtf man' from a sportsmanship pov. Its like in MMA, when a guy goes to touch gloves and comes in with a punch....Not horrible, just frowned upon. but moving on...not a big deal.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Probably it's because I'm a Habs fan but from what I see Lupul skated right into Subban which freaked him out into throwing a punch. PK was skating back to remove his helmet, not sure why Lupul was skating at him with his right hand starting to reach.

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
Fight somebody tougher? They're saying he shouldn't have jumped when he was taking his helmet off. Jeez, read for once.

PK's a great player, loved watching him in Belleville, but his mouth is writing cheques he can't cash and he is going to get his BIG TIME...and I mean huge, when you have a list of players looking for your head, it's not them, it's you.

I was reading the Leafs board, and other boards, and there were many people mentioning how he wouldn't fight the Bruin's tough guys, but would fight Lupul.

I don't think I'm the one who needs to learn to read.

KingBuzzo

A custom title.
Nov 3, 2010
Toronto
The people who are crying about this helmet crap have never been in a hockey fight. I am positive of this. Anyone in this situation would have done the same thing here. He comes towards you, it's instinct to react. It's sorta shocking to me sometimes, reading posts on this board, how glaringly obvious it is that the vast majority of people making comments have never actually played hockey before.

I doubt a lot of people made it past the bird cage rage type fights, but playing a few junior years myself I can say that this wasn't the case for me. It's not so much a respect type of thing as it is just the way that felt more appropriate. The fights (very few mind you) that I've been in we both took off our helmet's than fought. Nobody want's to punch a visor and nobody wants to get a visor lodged into the bridge of their nose. Maybe Subban got caught up in the moment which very easily could have been the case, but you have to be aware of your surroundings and understand the situation.

With that said, I don't think this will be the last time we see Subban and Lupul fight this year.

Metropolitsky

Still 4x more cups
Jul 19, 2006
According to Lupul you have to take turns in a fight and of course he should have the first punch.

:laugh::laugh: he'll fit perfectly with that whinny bunch in Toronto

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Lupul just sounds like someone with a bruised ego in that interview. If I were him, I'd focus on my brutal play in that game instead of what a rookie did or didn't do in a fight. But hey, whatever works for him I suppose.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
According to Lupul you have to take turns in a fight and of course he should have the first punch.

:laugh::laugh: he'll fit perfectly with that whinny bunch in Toronto

In terms of the helmet removal, didn't the CHL put in a rule after the Don Sanderson death that players are not to remove their lids prior to a fight?

As long as the 2 combatants are even up (both visors or both non-visors), then you need to signal your opponent to remove the helmet first before you actually remove it.

I remember, Iggy removed his lid but the guy he fought didn't have a visor, so he kept his helmet on, which I thought was pretty cheap.

Kyle Doobas*

Man, some of you guys are really digging for excuses to hate on Subban. It looked like just didn't realize that Lupul was going to take his helmet off and went right at him at pretty much the same time as Lupul went to remove the bucket.

Draw anyway, didn't look like there was really any damage done.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
aahahahahahaha how funny it is to see the hab fans defend subban after crying about the bruins...

Subban pulled an Avery, and when he lupul tried to take his helmet off subban saw a chance to win a fight. Subban has awesome talent, but he's acting like a puke.

tdoteli

Dec 7, 2009
Toronto, ON
www.twitter.com
Subban will get his just like Avery got his. :sarcasm:

This is nothing but racism. Seriously.

NotSureIfSerious1.jpg

On the off-chance you are, in fact serious and not a troll, you're an idiot.

This is just classic hockey trash-talking. You wanna see racism?

Subbanator_medium.jpg

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
It looks like they were both removing there helmets, than got alittle too close to eachother for comfort and started swinging. But hey it's all subbans fault, so ****ing classless. :shakehead

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Just open any thread on Subban and count if you wish. Mildly Amusing, yes. Yet you all rush to defend him.

It's gotten old really fast, yes he's the worst thing to hit the NHL since Claude Lemieux and Ulf Samuelsson, we get that. It would be nice to read a thread he's involved in that dosn't turn into a 10 page bash-fest.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
My conclusion is when Lupul skated toward PK, he misinterpreted that as Lupul being ready to go and tagged him first. The fight was a spur of the moment instant, and people have a tendency to react on their gut instinct. If someone took a step in your direction when they had already agreed to a fight. Would you think they were just getting ready or looking to start brawling? Perhaps an experienced individual would perceive the former but for all intended purposes, that is not PK. He freaked and went in swinging.

This kid simply cannot win on this forum. I do not admonish people who dislike him based on his chirping. For some, it is apart of the whole, "I hate our rivals" mentality. With that in mind, anyone who claims he is gutless, classless, disrespectful or anything adjective pertaining to the aforementioned is spewing nonsense.

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
Are you guys just trolling now? The CBC video clearly shows that Subban was going for his strap, but Lupul skated right up to him and so his first reaction was to punch because he didn't know why the hell Lupul would be that close. Hate the guy all you want, but don't just flat-out make stuff up.

People are too proud to admit that they were wrong in this case, especially when it involves Subban.

Watch the replay in real time. Both men reached for their helmets, but their momentum brought them together so PK started swinging - it all happened so quickly that even I, as a viewer, had to re-watch that portion of the replay several times to get a full idea of what was going on. At first glance, it did look like Subban jumped him, but after that, you can clearly see him reaching for his helmet.

I don't blame Lupul for being upset either because it happened so fast. He went to take off his helmet, but unlike Subban, he kept going for the helmet - either way, it happened so quickly that there's no way Lupul could have gotten a good idea of what happened.

I like the guy who made the analogy with the beer can - same deal, but nobody will listen to this post because, as mentioned, it involves PK Subban, who is universally wrong whenever he does anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad