Status
Not open for further replies.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
hes 25, drafted 4th round and his recent stats are

56 8 7 15

That guy would be on our third line, he isn't better than our 2nd liners. and doesn't have the grit to be the 4th

why does somebody need to be a checker to be on the third? raymond will be on our 3rd.

I find it hard (extremely) to believe Frattin would be on a scoring line oon the reigning back to back president trophy winners

You're completley missing the point. I don't care about his stats, I'm talking skill-set. He's either on a scoring line, or he's not in the NHL. Does not have the skill-set of a 3rd liner on a Vigneault team. I'm not saying he should be on a scoring line, I'm saying it's that or bust with Frattin. Similar to literally 100s of players before him...

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Because it's blatantly obvious no GM is going to give us a Gardiner or a Bjugstad for Bob and his contract? Either we take the best offer or we roll with two goalies making a combined 10 mil cap hit and keep the 2 or 3 holes on the forward lines.

I don't see how adding Bozak and Frattin fills those holes any more than Schroeder and Kassian.

If this is the best teams are offering then we are better off rolling with two elite goalies and keeping them both fresh for the playoffs.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
a) Luongo isn't consitent enough to be a top 5 goalie.

b) What we are getting back in these proposals isn't garbage despite what you say

a) actually he is. Care to name better goalies?

b) actually it is garbage. A 24 year old prospect who hasn't shown anything at the NHL level, and a mediocre offensive, poor defensive third line center is a terrible return for an elite goalie.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I don't see how adding Bozak and Frattin fills those holes any more than Schroeder and Kassian.

If this is the best teams are offering then we are better off rolling with two elite goalies and keeping them both fresh for the playoffs.

First of all Bozak is a country mile better than Shroeder, and Kassian will be in our bottom 6 anyways I do think.

I would be fine with rolling with two great goalies, only you're forgetting the media circus and distractions that go with it.

Pseudonymous*

You're completley missing the point. I don't care about his stats, I'm talking skill-set. He's either on a scoring line, or he's not in the NHL. Does not have the skill-set of a 3rd liner on a Vigneault team. I'm not saying he should be on a scoring line, I'm saying it's that or bust with Frattin. Similar to literally 100s of players before him...

im missing the point? no im not

if he was in the package, that would make him a 3rd liner. lol im just referring to the trade and what would happen if he was traded here. thats why i called him third liner. they wouldn't be trading for him to be on the 2nd, that would be ridiculous and never happen. :P

and it wouldn't be bust or they wouldn't be trading for him.

so theres only one place he'd end up if they were INFACT trading for him.

and im confused, didn't somebody just earlier come in here and give a description of his play and say he has an all around game and has size and hits? isn't that the opposite of what youre claiming.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
First of all Bozak is a country mile better than Shroeder, and Kassian will be in our bottom 6 anyways I do think.

I would be fine with rolling with two great goalies, only you're forgetting the media circus and distractions that go with it.

You don;'t know that until Schroeder gets time in the NHL, but based on experience, yes, he is further along. In terms of potential, Schroeder is a country mile ahead.

Pseudonymous*

You don;'t know that until Schroeder gets time in the NHL, but based on experience, yes, he is further along. In terms of potential, Schroeder is a country mile ahead.

sure but schroeder isn't goign to reach that in his first nhl year. the chances he sticks on this team is minimal, let alone be near bozak's level. i agree that the players mentioned from the leafs are far from great but come on, schroeder being the better option than bozak? hah far from. its just not worth luongo

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
im missing the point? no im not

if he was in the package, that would make him a 3rd liner. lol im just referring to the trade and what would happen if he was traded here. thats why i called him third liner. they wouldn't be trading for him to be on the 2nd, that would be ridiculous and never happen. :P

and it wouldn't be bust or they wouldn't be trading for him.

so theres only one place he'd end up if they were INFACT trading for him.

and im confused, didn't somebody just earlier come in here and give a description of his play and say he has an all around game and has size and hits? isn't that the opposite of what youre claiming.

You don't acquire players for specefic roles normally, you acquire assets, then the coach does with them as he sees fit. And I don't see Vigneault using Frattin as a checker, granted I haven't seen him play a lot since his first year in the AHL, so his all-around game may have come around.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
sure but schroeder isn't goign to reach that in his first nhl year. the chances he sticks on this team is minimal, let alone be near bozak's level. i agree that the players mentioned from the leafs are far from great but come on, schroeder being the better option than bozak? hah far from. its just not worth luongo

Ya for the short term Bozak is a better option, but I'd rather let Schroeder develop in the NHL, cushioned by an incredible core of talented vets.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

I don't normally agree with you but if the return if Bozak, Frattin and a pick, then we were robbed. Schroeder ends up locked out of a roster spot and Kassian is a better prospect than Frattin. There is nothing to settle into with that trade, never mind Bozak is a UFA.

rebel diamond

Sep 2, 2008
Toronto
Ya for the short term Bozak is a better option, but I'd rather let Schroeder develop in the NHL, cushioned by an incredible core of talented vets.

That's easy to say if he was playing fourth line centre with Malhotra riding shotgun. But the fact is that with Kesler out there's a gaping hole on the second line. We'd all love Schroeder to jump up and claim it but that's hardly a cushioned development.

That being said, if a 26 year old soon to be UFA with a career high of 47 points with top line minutes is the centrepiece of the Luongo deal we've been robbed blind.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
So...I call BS on the whole Vancouver/Toronto "done deal" thing.

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
Toronto Maple Leafs have apparently fired Brian Burke as general manager. Working on official confirmations.
View details ·

Hard to make a blockbuster trade if you've been turfed...

Pseudonymous*

Schroeder locked out of a roster spot? the guy wasn't going to play a full year in his first nhl year anyway, and definitely not stick for the playoffs. this guy is a rookie. most players do not play a full year in their first year

and on top of that, schroeder will STILL get his time this year, injuries happen all the time

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
So...I call BS on the whole Vancouver/Toronto "done deal" thing.

Hard to make a blockbuster trade if you've been turfed...

I'm skeptical that it's a done deal but I'd be surprised if it isn't Nonis taking over for him. That wouldn't be much of an impediment if it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad