Luongo Talk: The Final Countdown...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
The timing here is definitely odd ... coming right out of the lockout? Have to think with the waves the Blue Jays have been making this off season that ownership wants to see the Leafs be a bit more aggressive as to not fall behind in the Toronto sports-brand race. Seems a little like wishful thinking, but this could definitely increase our return on Luongo.

Jarko2004

Sep 15, 2004
Vancouver Island
Mark Spector Sports ‏@SportsnetSpec

Sounds like Burke did NOT want to make Luongo deal, while many in Leafs org did. Burke a principled man.

Oh boy...

Ah.......so Burke knew what he was doing! The Leafs are doomed if that's what higher ups think. Publicly Canuck fans are promoting Luongo, privately.....well we all know.

I actually support the Canucks keeping Luongo for the condensed season, but have little faith in the guy who signed Luongo to that deal in the first place. Irony there, the wrong GM got fired.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Ah.......so Burke knew what he was doing! The Leafs are doomed if that's what higher ups think. Publicly Canuck fans are promoting Luongo, privately.....well we all know.

I actually support the Canucks keeping Luongo for the condensed season, but have little faith in the guy who signed Luongo to that deal in the first place. Irony there, the wrong GM got fired.

Shhhhh :sarcasm: You don't know who's watching.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Rielly makes Gardiner expendable. Rielly will be in the NHL very soon. Both left shots. So going forward

Phaneuf
Rielly
Gardiner

On the left side.

If I was Leafs GM id want to keep them both too, and Phaneuf plays the right side if Im not mistaken. Gardiner is a stud of a young d-man, that would be insane if we managed to pawn him off.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Sources also suggest that this was not related to anything on ice (i.e., Luongo).

Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski
"There must be more to this Burke firing" = "We've all heard rumors about Burke we can't report and we'll just assume they're true now."

Ive missed out. What are the BB rumours?

Regardless this is pretty crazy. Lol

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
Ive missed out. What are the BB rumours?

Regardless this is pretty crazy. Lol

MLSE wanted Luongo and he didn't. Pretty much the major speculation. Didn't want to budge to make a deal and now it looks like they know Nonis will be the one who pulls the trigger on the deal.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
If I was Leafs GM id want to keep them both too, and Phaneuf plays the right side if Im not mistaken. Gardiner is a stud of a young d-man, that would be insane if we managed to pawn him off.

On any particular shift, Phaneuf plays the side will take him out of position the most.....

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I wonder if Nonis helped sink the dagger into Burke's back? He likely wanted Luongo along with ownership.

A damage a perfectly good knife that could be used to cut a cheeseburger in half? I don't think so....

Apollo Leaf

Apr 8, 2010
To the Canuck fans thinking they're going to get more of a return cause Nonis is running the show.. dream on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->