Prospect Info: Luke Tuch

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I wonder if it's the Canadian dollar and taxes. Seems like a lot of American players just don't want to be in Canada.

Reactions: cphabs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I wonder if it's the Canadian dollar and taxes. Seems like a lot of American players just don't want to be in Canada.

It's possible Tuch feels that way. But it hasn't stopped American drafted players like Caufield, Harris, Struble, Primeau, and just recently Hutson from signing their ELC's with Habs.

Reactions: Runner77

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It's possible Tuch feels that way. But it hasn't stopped American drafted players like Caufield, Harris, Struble, Primeau, and just recently Hutson from signing their ELC's with Habs.
Yeah, and thank God for that. :laugh:

But there are some who just don't want to be in Canada. I can't think of another reason why Tuch wouldn't want to come here. We could certainly use a player like him in the bottom six.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah, and thank God for that. :laugh:

But there are some who just don't want to be in Canada. I can't think of another reason why Tuch wouldn't want to come here. We could certainly use a player like him in the bottom six.

100%

He won't be a game changer if he signs, but having a guy who is 6'2 and 203 lbs in the bottom-6 will help them more than having too many small players there. All due respect to RHP, who does play with heart.

A guy like Tuch and a guy like Florian can definitely help them come playoff time.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
100%

He won't be a game changer if he signs, but having a guy who is 6'2 and 203 lbs in the bottom-6 will help them more than having too many small players there. All due respect to RHP, who does play with heart.

A guy like Tuch and a guy like Florian can definitely help them come playoff time.
He'd be perfect. I just don't get why he doesn't want to sign.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
It would be nice if he signs but if he doesn't, I'm not sure it's a major issue. Could be an energetic bottom 6 player but those guys are also easy enough to find. Would be nice to produce them ourselves though

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
It would be nice if he signs but if he doesn't, I'm not sure it's a major issue. Could be an energetic bottom 6 player but those guys are also easy enough to find. Would be nice to produce them ourselves though

Been years since we had a big, tough energetic fourth line. Teams usually have to overpay on the market for those. Better to develop them yourself.

Reactions: Sagikev

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If he chooses not to sign with us, hopefully we can work with him to trade his rights to someone who wants to sign him like Adam Fox. I'll take a mid round pick back as that's probably what his value is.

He should sign here though, there's a lack of that type of player in our organization.
Yeah I'll be happy if we can move him and find a replacement anywhere from 23-25 years old.
Preferably someone who is ready to step right in on the big club and play some heavy hockey.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Been years since we had a big, tough energetic fourth line. Teams usually have to overpay on the market for those. Better to develop them yourself.
That Staal - Armia - Perry line was so good for us when we went to the finals, hopefully we can recreate something like that with guys like Tuch and Florian

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
He'd be perfect. I just don't get why he doesn't want to sign.

Maybe they’re not offering him a “burn a year of ELC” deal or won’t promise to him that he’ll skip the AHL next year.

If it’s the first one they must be kinda low on him (doubtful) if it’s the 2nd part gtfo

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Maybe they’re not offering him a “burn a year of ELC” deal or won’t promise to him that he’ll skip the AHL next year.

If it’s the first one they must be kinda low on him (doubtful) if it’s the 2nd part gtfo
Well the first one is difficult to accept as well. If you start doing it for 3rd/4th liners, then you’re expected to do it for every single player moving forward. At some point you need to draw a line in the sand.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
He was a bad pick but it would be disappointing to have him walk for nothing when he starts trending up for the first time.

Sounds familiar.

Our first pick of 2022 was a bad pick, developed the wrong way, then suddenly he trended up too. No one foresaw it.

Well the first one is difficult to accept as well. If you start doing it for 3rd/4th liners, then you’re expected to do it for every single player moving forward. At some point you need to draw a line in the sand.
I really fon't see much harm, ESPECIALLY for the low-ceiling picks. They will never break the bank even with RFA coming one year early. DF you think Farrell will get a monster contract after next summer if he is still clearly an AHL player?

Reactions: Runner77

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Maybe it’s posturing/negotiating? If he would categorically not want to sign with us then wouldn’t he just come out and say that?

Definitely want him to sign but it’s not crippling. Boo the f*** out of him if he doesn’t though

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I think it's just hardball with burning a year off his ELC. Tuch has the leverage in that he doesn't have to sign with us, and Habs have a bit of leverage being the only team who can burn a year off his ELC. Habs probably want him signed without burning a year off and are willing to let him walk to do it. Either way they are running out of time.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I was hoping he could make his place as a solid 4th line player, he obviously thinks he can get a better opportunity elsewhere. If you don't want to be here, go away

Reactions: jrom

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
I would be surprised if the habs offer doesn't burn a year. There's little incentive to not give it to him, it's not like he's going to break the bank in two years with his new contract. And he'll still be a RFA (right?)

EDIT: Random thought, but I wonder how much playing in the same division of his brother influences his decision. It's something to not be in the same team, but to play against him multiple times during the season? I wonder how big of an impact it could have.

Reactions: Rapala and Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad