Recalled/Assigned: Luke Schenn is here

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Poor Brisebois.

Gets called up, gets paired with the worst player in the NHL, goes -2 which wasn’t his fault, and is promptly blamed and replaced in the lineup.

Hopefully Schenn slides in for Gudbranson as they are both RHD. Don’t see Brisebois coming out. Agree that Brisebois got the short end of the stick playing his first NHL game paired with arguably the worst Dman in the NHL.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
From all reports Brisebois and Schenn were Utica's top pairing in Utica and performed quite well. Unfortunately Gudbranson has been tried with everybody, including Brisebois. And it automatically becomes the pairing with the biggest liability.

Not sure what they're going to do with Gudbranson. But if it was based strictly on 'performance', Schenn would 'in' and Gudbranson would be 'out' Saturday in San Jose.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
If Green healthy scratches Gudbranson, I’ll be a healthy contributor to building a statue of him in front of GM Place or whatever the hell its called now.

5351289-6081181831-344.g.gif

Yeah, no.

Reactions: MS

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
At the time of the trade thought Schenn was a nothing pick up. Thought they should have waited till someone was banged up enough on defense to get desperate enough to actually give you something for del Zotto. Having watched Schenn on other teams, I was convinced he simply lacked speed necessary to compete in the NHL. Yet I have been watching Schenn in Utica and started warming to the idea that he might even help Vancouver. A few things I liked were the way he moved the puck, took people hard and completely out of the play and didn't get beat off the rush. His vet presence on the Comets defense seemed to settle things down and he actually helped offensively with his accurate shot and ability to anticipate and break up plays and create turnovers in the neutral and offensive zone.

I still have grave apprehensions about his ability to hang in against NHL speed but think there maybe a chance he can contribute. If he can get by gives the defense a better physical element.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
btw does anyone know the waiver status of Schenn. Believe he has already gone thru waivers once this season.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Ah Luke Schenn, where Michael Landsberg was pumping his tires as the future Maple Leafs captain....

Like Landsberg hypnotic trash ass, Schenn career did not turn out the way it was supposed to be.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Ah Luke Schenn, where Michael Landsberg was pumping his tires as the future Maple Leafs captain....

Like Landsberg hypnotic trash ass, Schenn career did not turn out the way it was supposed to be.

It's all cyclical. The Panthers have a former captain of the Canucks on their roster. The Canucks now have the Pnathers' former future captain. We might owe the Leafs a captain or future captain though. We signed a former captain of theirs and now have their former future captain.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Seriously, if this was 2012 and the team had just draft Pouliot with Gudbranson and Schenn already in the fold, we would have been saying the team has the best up and coming D-core in the entire league.
My how times change....:laugh:

That’s the issue. We go after guys that had high pedigrees but never panned out. It’s like we think we can set these guys back on their trajectory. I’ve yet to see it happen

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
If he sees a game during his time up, I don't ask for a lot....just not to be a total embarrassment. It shouldn't be a high bar, but look at this D in its present form.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I think the Canucks are getting calls and offers on Guddy.

Schenn is called up to see if he can replace Guddys toughness and grit...a skill that management feels they need to have in the lineup to protect EP and Brock and soon Hughes..

If they are satisfied at what they see with Schenn they i think pull the trigger on Guddy for like a 3rd rnd pick

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
I think the Canucks are getting calls and offers on Guddy.

Schenn is called up to see if he can replace Guddys toughness and grit...a skill that management feels they need to have in the lineup to protect EP and Brock and soon Hughes..

If they are satisfied at what they see with Schenn they i think pull the trigger on Guddy for like a 3rd rnd pick

I realize that this is likely pure speculation but I sure hope it's true.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Luke Scheen 5th overall / Erik Gudbranson 3rd overall
Derrick Pouliot 8th overall / Oli Juolevi 5th overall

Benning GOAT

Add in Quinn Hughes, trade for one of Karl Alzner and Slater Koekkoek and we will literally have a top 10 defense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad