Recalled/Assigned: Luke Schenn is here

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Might play next game with Biega gonna get sat

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Yeah. This guy is going to be the new Gudbranson. He's arguably just as bad. At least he's not making what Gudbranson was.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Yeah. This guy is going to be the new Gudbranson. He's arguably just as bad. At least he's not making what Gudbranson was.

Schenn is on $800K 1 year deals, he's on what Gudbranson should have been on. He was a cap dump from the Ducks, but I'm OK with spending Aquilini's money on someone like that in the minors, he's a decent vet and he fits under the cap exemption ceiling when sent down. He is also treated as a waivable veteran, a suitable role.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
CluelessVictoriousAnemonecrab-size_restricted.gif

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
I liked Schenn’s game, he plays like a simpleton and that is exactly what you want from your 6/7 Dman. His thought process while playing is literally Dzone take puck away and make good first pass, Ozone keep puck in or put on net. Simply by doing just these basic tasks he is much better than Gudbranson.

Last edited:

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I liked Schenn’s game, he plays like a simpleton and that is exactly what you want from your 6/7 Dman. His thought process while playing is literally Dzone take puck away and make good first pass, Ozone keep puck in or put on net. Simply by doing just these basic tasks he is much better than Gudbranson.

If Schenn can be Aaron Rome for an Aaron Rome cap hit, he's a perfect 6/7 defenceman. People will still complain about him like they did, but as long as he doesn't have problematic term/cap hit, there's no real issue.

Reactions: PredsForPresidents

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I've always liked Schenn. He's a good defender. He just doesn't move the puck all that well due to lack of speed (skating and processing).

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I've always liked Schenn. He's a good defender. He just doesn't move the puck all that well due to lack of speed (skating and processing).

His outlet passing looked all world last night compared to what we've seen all season. Also Schenn got about three or four good shots on net last night. Schenn's shot and ability to get it on net from the blueline was underrated last night. I think he'd be a nice minute veteran eating defenseman to play with our young guys going into next season.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Schenn is also willing to drop the mits. He has more fights than Gudbrandson did so he essentially fills the exact role that Gudbrandson played.

I liked Schenn’s game last night. As other posters have said he keeps it simple and knows his limitations

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
His outlet passing looked all world last night compared to what we've seen all season. Also Schenn got about three or four good shots on net last night. Schenn's shot and ability to get it on net from the blueline was underrated last night. I think he'd be a nice minute veteran eating defenseman to play with our young guys going into next season.
Can't deny that he looked good last night though it's only been one game (and against a pretty awful team).

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Haha I too was actually pleasantly surprised. He looked like a legit NHL defenseman, definitely better than Gudbranson at a fraction of the cost. Not bad, if he can carry this type of play through until the end of the season I would think that an extension wouldn't even look half bad.

Reactions: dwarf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad