Prospect Info: Luke Hughes - part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
In before “small sample size.”

Wonder if Rachel and company enjoyed that goal.
They haven’t had time to comment yet…they probably just haven’t seen it and this is unrelated

0E8F0D2B-5E8A-450D-988C-940DB4738173.jpeg

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I doubt Luke will see any significant playoff time. It's not a matter of Luke being better or worse than any of our regular Dmen it's a matter of zero experience vs guys who got us to this point.

There just isn't enough time for Luke to get acclimated to this league and the playoffs is not the time to let a player figure it out.

Come playoff time were not going to run with 7 Dmen, I am sure the coaching staff will want to roll 4 lines in the playoffs. With that in order for any Dman to be in the lineup come playoff time they have to be ready for full load...not only that, removing Bahl or Smith from the lineup is taking away a potential penalty killer. Bahl has averaged more time short handed than Hamilton has this season and Smith is ,4th among Dmen.

I honestly doubt we see Luke in playoffs.
I agree . Only way see see Luke is if there is an injury. Or the very very very very very unlikely situation if we go down 3 games to one and need a spark to get back into the series.
I’d love to see him in the lineup but I just don’t see who you take out with how sturdy Bahl has been playing . I’d say Luke before Smith but Smith and his PK ability might be key .

Reactions: mdj12784

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I agree . Only way see see Luke is if there is an injury. Or the very very very very very unlikely situation if we go down 3 games to one and need a spark to get back into the series.
I’d love to see him in the lineup but I just don’t see who you take out with how sturdy Bahl has been playing . I’d say Luke before Smith but Smith and his PK ability might be key .

It depends how the series is going. If they feel they aren't scoring enough, you should put Luke in to spark more offense.

If we are having PK issues then Smith would make more sense (though it also depends who is failing on the PK)

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Through 2 games Luke does looks like a player who is ready to jump right into the NHL as more than Just A Guy.

I wish he could have played a few more regular season games to really solidify where he is at.

I'd rather lose having played a potential star than lose while keeping that weapon off the ice.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
If Luke does draw in, who comes out? Bahl has skyrocketed up the depth chart. Is it Siegs? Do we dare go 11/7? This a great “problem” to have!!

Reactions: glenwo2

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
He’s gotta play. It feels like a young kid who just showed up to work and it’s his job now whether anybody else likes it or not. Too damn good at his job. He looks like a natural out there and reminds me of neids in how he casually picks up the pace of the game and can just naturally kick in an extra gear or two. He’s going to make mistakes and he’s going to get knocked around but this is now Nico and the hughes bros team. Luke is a game changer and gives the devils the best chance to win.

No other devils defenseman brings what Luke does to the transition game. You have to have it in the lineup now that it’s available.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
If she questioned his hockey ability, that's one thing, it's a bad take but it's not a classless and disgusting one, but she went far and beyond that with a character assassination of a teenager. She's so unlikeable.
stay on topic

we are talking about dumb dogs

:huh:

carry on

Reactions: My3Sons

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
He’s gotta play. It feels like a young kid who just showed up to work and it’s his job now whether anybody else likes it or not. Too damn good at his job. He looks like a natural out there and reminds me of neids in how he casually picks up the pace of the game and can just naturally kick in an extra gear or two. He’s going to make mistakes and he’s going to get knocked around but this is now Nico and the hughes bros team. Luke is a game changer and gives the devils the best chance to win.

No other devils defenseman brings what Luke does to the transition game. You have to have it in the lineup now that it’s available.

And here I thought this board would go overboard based on a 3 on 3 goal.

As someone above said, unless something happens to Dougie injury-wise, don't see much of a playoff role for Luke; particularly against teams like the Rangers, Hurricanes or Islanders.

Reactions: glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad